Northumbria does the best nights out

Go hard or go to Newcastle

Yes. It’s another Northumbria drinking article.

Among the rumors and childish talk of other universities boasting the best night out, no one will provide you with a drinking platform to destroy your life, liver and dignity the way Northumbria does.

Thanks to our laid back attitude about casual alcoholism, we consider ourselves to be able to throw one hell of a party.

Your course nights out will ruin you

While there could be some inside rivalry between which course drinks the most, rest assured that as long as you’re registered at Northumbria you’ll have a hangover at least once a week.

We were voted the country’s fifth best Unis for a night out (cheers Which?), very possibly because we frequent cheap as chips watering holes such as Tab favourite Powerhouse, enticing young naive undergrads with drinks from as little as 90p drinks.

We <3 Powerhouse

Nothing will help you bond with your fellow course mates about the three years of serious academic study you are definitely about to undertake like watching them strawpedo a sour cherry VK.

They were strangers before that vodka

Our intellectual and engaging societies

Nothing, and I mean actually nothing, can compare to the three little words that have gained us the title of the booziest, messiest pub crawl of a university in all of the land:

Snow Sports Northumbria

This is their society photo. Enough said.

The society who can look at the Rugby socials and laugh them off as tea parties, if you have eyes and a valid facebook account you’ll have seen the video that began circulation late last year of one of our lads walking head first into a lamp post whilst trying to video SSN’s pub golf bar crawl. 2014 will forever be known in our SU as the year we took our binge drinking viral.

One snow sports fresher, who unsurprisingly wished to remain anonymous, shyly confessed: “Before we had even left for town on the first crawl I went to I had my top off in Habita. All I can really remember after that is waking up in a random set of Halls with the top back on but I’d lost my bra.”

Ski-ing under the influence aside, even our chess club has it’s meetings in Reds (which we’re still counting as a night out for those crazy lads).

Tab Team Northumbria

We couldn’t write an article about the best and booziest bits of Northumbria and leave ourselves out, could we?

We’re all absolutely shit faced in this photo.

As if you needed another reason to get on board with the best experience any university can offer, Tab socials are a thing of drunk, jaeger induced legend. And of course, no where is that more true than at Northumbria.

Our dedicated editors are committed to subbing our work and, more importantly, getting us pissed at socials. We reward good journalism with alcohol. We pull on virtually every out going, the DJ at Powerhouse thinks we are the Gods of PR and we’re always the last ones out of Dixie Chicken.

We play hard because we work hard. And you know you want in on that.

Too drunk to see straight

To summarise why Northumbria does the best piss ups:
1) The statistics speak for themselves, people.
2) We ski with our tits out
3) There ain’t no party like a Tab party