Camilla comes to Newcastle

She had a royally good time

The Duchess of Cornwall braved the icy conditions on her visit to the Toon today. She flew into Newcastle this afternoon to visit local services.

Camilla visited the Maggie’s Centre at the Freeman Hospital, where she met local users of the centre which provides support to local people suffering with cancer.

Ain’t she a sweetie

Her Royal Highness also unveiled a painting at the centre which is currently on loan from Northumbria University.

The Duchess went on to visit Seven Stories, where she met parents and children who use the service, and went on to observe story time.

In the afternoon locals and frequenters of the Laing Art Gallery could catch a glimpse of our future Princess Consort, as she viewed paintings from the 18th and 19th Century Collection.

The Tab aimed to meet the Duchess at the gallery for a selfie but were informed that she’d left just moments before, a crushing blow in our quest to meet celebrities.

Sadly she was not able to take in the night-life, but we imagine she’d be partial to a couple of bevvies.

One fancies a treble