I hate smokers and their disgusting habit

Stop lighting up next to me

If I wanted to smoke I would. Which is why I get very pissed off when smokers feel the need to light up next to me.

I’ll be sat at a bus stop waiting for my bus to arrive, when some arsehole parks their arse up next to me and lights up within 30 seconds.

And they don’t make any attempt to move either. Not that it’s against the law to smoke outside – of course I know it isn’t. It’s just plain rude.

Not even when I very obviously over-exaggerate covering my nose with my jacket sleeve and shimmy further down the bus stop bench away from them do they clear off.

Instead they seem to think I’m being courteous, offering them a patch of seat that’s already been warmed by my bum, and they shift in closer trying to poison me.

I’m being slowly, passively killed every day. My mates are the worst for it, lighting up while we’re talking and blowing smoke right into the middle of our conversation so I have to speak through a cloud of pollution.

Doesn’t give a shit

And it doesn’t matter where I’m stood, I’m always downwind of it. I’m forever blowing instead of breathing out, battling to keep the constant streams of the bloody stuff away from me.

They’re not even oblivious to it. I tell them over and over to go and stand a couple of steps away just so I don’t have to deal with their stink, but they couldn’t give a shit if nobody else wants to smell it.

If it was up to me, I’d ban smoking from all public places. High-streets, outside shops and restaurants, bus stops. Anywhere there are other people.

The quad at my uni practically has a thick haze around it with smokers congregating like a herd of penguins, all huddled together trying to keep warm in the freezing cold, and for the sake of something which doesn’t actually benefit them in any way.

And it’s physically impossible to walk from one end to the other without being forced to take a breath, inevitably having to inhale the dirty haze.

Even when people do have the manners to ask if you mind them lighting up, they get offended if you ask them not to. Their face would possibly suggest I’ve just called their mum a massive cunt.

On top of all that, smoking just doesn’t suit most people, especially students.

It makes me absolutely cringe when I see guys with man-buns wandering around campus with a fag held between their forefinger and thumb, as if they’re Tom Selleck from Magnum P.I. You all look more like Cruella de Vil.

So to any smokers out there, smoking’s not cool, now go away and do it where nobody can see you.