Newcastle makes the cut for best night life

Everyone knows we enjoy the occaisional tipple

Since what seems like the beginning of University, the North / South divide has existed. Of course, in this case it means the North being notorious for nights out and the South being scandalous for drinking Earl Grey when revising for your Law degree.

Unsurprisingly, a poll published by Which? showed that in the sophisticated, modern era of 2014, absolutely nothing has changed.

Universities in the North were voted most likely to visited by party dwellers and universities in the South of the country were sort after by those wanting to study politics and have a nice, sensible student experience with a grand total of two hangovers.

The only minor change from what the world already knew is that we now have Manchester on our side. Welcome aboard, lads.

The poll went on to suggest that students who were genuinely interested in the arts (not like those of us just looking to do an easy degree) were better suited not venturing out to the big cities and should maybe find something more tailored to their needs in their home town. Ouch.

Though it’s far from it for us to suggest Londoners aren’t partial to a bit of a party once all assignments have been handed in a few days before the deadline, just to be safe.

For the first time since records began (probably), two entire universities from LDN made the party list. University College of London and the London School of Economics both found themselves inside the top entries for student nightlife, according to the poll.

The poll also predictably placed Loughborough in the top spot for sport, closely followed by Northumbria showing we can throw a ball as well as we can down a Jagerbomb.

The top creative Uni’s were voted as Falmouth, Goldsmiths and Bath Spa while the universities with the best student unions were voted as Leeds, Sheffiled and East Anglia.