Geordie Shore party with Northumbria LGBT

‘The whole thing was very staged’

Not so lucky members of Northumbria LGBT society were invited to party with Geordie Shore at Powerhouse.

And they revealed the entire thing “sexist” and “staged”.

Episode 2 of Geordie Shore Season 9 aired last week and saw the cast take “Tash on Tours” to the Scene.

A group from Northumbria LGBT were approached by promotors and offered free entry and free drinks in the VIP lounge.

Though the group were excited by the prospect of partying with the infamous “Geordies” they soon realised the show isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Having a wild time

Nicola Robson, Women’s Rep for the Uni’s LGBT was one of the group who was there during filming which took place at Gay Pride:

“When we got to Powerhouse we were told to sit down and sign contracts which took half an hour.

“The whole thing was very staged and set up with their producer placing us stategically for the camera.”

On the episode the night is described as a “single’s night” which Robson has stated was a flat out lie: “At no point was it a single’s night”.

The Geordie Shore LADS are seen playing a cherry pass game where they competeted against gay men, which the LADS ultimately won.

“It was like they were trying to compare the gay men with the Geordie Shore lads,” said Robson.

Robson revealed that gay men were specifically picked out and that the women “got pushed to the back”.

“It felt so sexist, like the women were there just to fill out the room.”

Sarah Talbot got to see the filming and revealed “they were bickering between themselves during takes which was funny but embarrassing.”

People were so excited to see the Cast

She also told us: “They seemed to heavily focus on the guys being there and not the lesbians at all. We were sort of left to the side to watch.”

The LGBT group also found that the promise of free drinks was a cunning trick as only the cheap vodka was offered. And to cap if off the group were swiftly booted from VIP after the cast left to go on the main dance floor.

And the cast didn’t actually party with the public, their crew selected a handful of people to join the cast in a cordoned off area at the back of the main floor.

Charming.

Photo Credits: Powerhouse