Rejoice! Bambu is back

Get excited

The beloved nightclub, once home to Northumbria’s Wednesday sports night and revellers alike is set to reopen it’s doors.

The Bigg Market venue is set to have a £7500,000 refurbishment, plans have revealed, as new bar and club Filthy McNasty’s.

Bambu had closed down last November due to ‘financial problem’s, which left many students at Northumbria and Newcastle University’s devastated.

Bambu was a popular student nightspot

The new nightspot will join a host of similar bars in London, Belfast and Nottingham.

It boasts: “The venue has a strong emphasis on live music and offers a platform for upcoming musicians and we have taken the winning formula of Filthy McNastys Belfast and replicated it to create successful venues in London and Nottingham.”

The opening date has not yet been confirmed but the firm said it will start serving “in the coming months”, which will also create 30 new jobs for the region.

Filthy McNasty’s in London

A spokesman said: “With a vibrant student population and bustling nightlife that has undergone a huge redevelopment in the last 20 years, we believe Newcastle to be the perfect setting for the next Filthy’s.”