Brand new lunch spot swamped by students

Queues spill out onto the street

A new baguette deli has seen mammoth queues every day since opening last week.

Eat4Less on Northumberland Street is attracting hundreds of students every day because of its incredibly low prices.

You can bag yourself a baguette, fries and a drink for the bargain price of £1.75.

A queue longer than Primark’s

Add in a cheeky slice of cake and it still only comes to £3.

You’ll see this set-up around the library

And it’s been a blow for Greggs, with many students jumping ship and swinging by to see what all the fuss is about.

Manager Larisa Scintfie thinks it’s the quality that brings people back: “We know why we’re busy. It’s because the prices are so low and also because of the quality. You can be busy in the beginning with very low prices, but if the food isn’t good then people won’t come back.

“Everything is fresh, we make it every day. If you cook a baguette this morning, you can’t sell it in the evening, or even on a second day; it’s going to be hard.”

The cheapest menu in town

These boys can’t believe their eyes

Fresher Jess Armstrong is more than happy with the quality: “The food’s cheap and actually really good.”

They’re open from 7am until 9pm and are hoping to close at the later time of 1opm or even 11pm by Christmas if business stays the same.

Larisa told The Tab: “We know if the students go out, they’re going to get hungry. We want to be here for them.”