Bailed to Chelsea: Jamie Laing cancels on freshers

‘Made in Chelsea’ star cancels freshers event just an hour before

| UPDATED made in chelsea mic students union

Jamie Laing called of his appearance at Northumbria Students’ Union’s ‘Made in Chelsea’ event on Saturday night.

Hundreds of students were left disappointed after the Fresher’s event was cancelled due to unexpected ‘Made in Chelsea’ filming commitments.

Northumbria Students’ Union announced the news on their Facebook page just after 9pm on Saturday, an hour and a half before the event was scheduled to start!

“Due to last minute filming the Made in Chelsea event has been rescheduled due to our special guest Jamie being called in for last minute filming on Channel 4”.

Leaving us confused, Jamie had tweeted at 9.36pm ‘I’m in Chelsea, anyone wanna come hang out?’

Many slammed his tweet, that was sent just before the event was supposed to be taking place, that suggested he was not as tied up in his work commitments as we would have thought. One Northumbria student Liam Jack commented  “Looks like he’s working hard…”  While others expressed their frustration due to the very short notice of the event being called off.

Northumbria Students’ Union were keen to stress that the event would be rescheduled as quickly as they could, “Jamie has expressed his sincere apologies for this and will be working with us to get this booked in as soon as possible.” However, there was no apology from Jamie himself on any of his social media profiles. 

This was not the first time a big Fresher’s week event had been cancelled this year, after Duke Dumont failed to turn up to his headline event last week.