A guide to Newcastle’s best cocktail bars

For when you want to be a bit Rah

Is there any better way to waste your student loan than whilst sipping on a margarita? Whether you’re on a small budget or feeling fancy AF, Newcastle caters to every Cocktail connoisseur.

The Botanist 

Averaging nearly £10 a cocktail it’s not gonna be the sort of place you go for pres. With an Oak Tree complete with fairy lights in the middle of a central bar, an outdoor heated area giving you an elevated view of all of Newcastle – The Botanist is somewhere you need to go at least once before you leave Newcastle.

Tipple: Plum and Thai Basil Mojito

97& Social

With half price cocktails on a Thursday you can appear to push the boat out without actually doing so. Its the perfect Thursday night date spot, although prepare to see someone you know – you’re on Osborne Road after all. The great price has no effect on quality though, these cocktails are lush! Bar queues on Thursday can be long so best get at least two in at a time.

They also offer Tipsy Tea so you can drink cocktails out of a tea cup and pretend you’re not on your 10th night of consecutive drinking.

Tipple: Passion-fruit Caipirinha

Turtle Bay

A specialist in rum based cocktails and interior design influenced by Caribbean beach side bars you can let the reggae music take you away to warm sands and blue sea. Half price all day every day except between 7 and 10 this is a great place to get drunk without going out out. The food is also insane.

Tipple: One Love

Jam Jar

People on your Insta will love the pic of you and all your mates holding jars of jam infused cocktails. its £5 a cocktail- not bad but there is never a happy hour.

Tipple: Mexijam

Pitcher and Piano

Sat outside overlooking the Millennium Bridge, Pitcher and Piano has the perfect location for pretending to be more sophisticated than you are. The food may be mediocre but the cocktails are divine. Sign up on their website and get a free cocktail a month – it’s a bargain!

Tipple: Espresso Martini

So basically if you like getting drunk on sugary drinks in fancy glasses with so much fruit juice its hard to taste the alcohol then Newcastle is a city full of options. Faking being classy AF has never been easier .