Mr Oops is offering to pay £500 towards one lucky Newcastle student’s next month’s rent

If you need yet another reason to love Oops Mondays, this might just be it

Everyone’s favourite Monday night pastime Oops has launched yet another competition, with this one having arguably the best prize of them all – payment of your rent.

During the cost of living crisis, and after an expensive Christmas time, I’m sure we could all do with a few extra pounds, but how about up to £500 towards that looming instalment of rent we are all desperately trying to forget about.

Oops are offering to pay the lucky winners rent for an entire month, only up to £500 though. It said: “If you’re paying over £500 a month you have too much money and don’t need to win tbh.”

Like all of Oop’s infamous competitions, all you need to do to win the prize is like, share and comment on their recent post.

The competition comes as the cost of living crisis continues to affect students, causing many to struggle to afford their rent. A recent report from The Telegraph claims that rent across all Russell Group University cities has increased by up to 14 per cent or £22 per week since 2018.

The lucky winner will be chosen at 8pm tonight so there’s not long left to enter the competition, get liking, sharing and commenting.

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.