Five best shops in Newcastle to buy your Valentine’s gift from

Struggling to find the perfect gift for bae? Look no further

We’re fast approaching Valentine’s Day and amidst all the chaos of life at the minute, shopping for Valentine’s gifts is likely to be at the back of your mind. If you’re not feeling the giant bear and helium balloon combo this year, then it’s time to think outside the box. With just over two weeks until the big day, it’s time to shop smart. Luckily, you can run into town after uni and grab loads of fun presents from this list for your Valentine.

Scribbler

Whether your partner’s love language is romance or banter, Scribbler’s got you covered. With a wide range of comedic and charming cards, there really is something for everyone. They also have an abundance of cute gifts, including the TikTok viral Valentine’s Day Jelly Cat plushies as well as some raunchy bits (if that’s what you’re into).

Scented Melts

Handmade wax melts are the ideal gift if your loved one is a fan of cosy nights in. Scented Melts have a huge range of different fragrances and shapes, including little hearts. Alongside the classic fruity and spicy scents they have an extensive range of melts based on high-end perfumes and aftershaves. Some of these include cult classics such as Black Opium by YSL, Olympia by Paco Rabanne, Savage by Dior and Aventus by Creed. Scented Melts also have pre-made and personalised gift boxes that include a small oil burner, perfect for those who hate to wrap.

Katherine’s Florist

Regardless of your budget, Katherine’s Florist is the best place to buy your other half a gorgeous bouquet. The large flower arrangements start at £30, however they always have small bouquets outside ranging from £1 to £4. And if you find these underwhelming, grab a few to make the perfect budget bouquet.

Lovisa

Want to get your Valentine top-notch jewellery without breaking the bank? Head to Lovisa. They have something your partner will love, whether they prefer silver or gold. Lovisa has everything from sleek, minimalist jewellery to eccentric statement pieces including earrings, necklaces, bracelets and even body jewellery. The price ranges from £8 to £17, ideal for impressing on a budget.

The Geordie Witch

Even if that special someone isn’t the spiritual type, a rose quartz is a great Valentine’s gift because it represents eternal love. The tumbled crystals are very affordable and range from £1 to £8. If you’re willing to spend a little more, there’s an array of stunning jewellery including crystal chip bracelets for only £12. The Geordie Witch now also stock a wax melt and crystal bracelet set which makes for an adorable gift.

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.