Newcastle Uni is officially the 10th most haunted uni in the UK

It has 32 reports of paranormal activity on campus

According to research from The Knowledge Academy, Newcastle University is the 10th most haunted university in the UK.

The study, which featured 59 UK universities, looked at factors such as the number of cemeteries, gravestones and listed buildings within two miles of each campus as well as paranormal reports from the areas.

It also has the third-highest number of paranormal reports with 32 in total.

With a final score of 7.18/10, Newcastle Uni sits below The University and The University of Lincoln.

Photo Credit: The Knowledge Academy

The Knowledge Academy said: “Whether it’s the harrowing ghost of Bob Crowther roaming Tyne Theatre or the eerie sounds of the flower girl occupying Castle Keep, Newcastle is a city packed with supernatural folklore. It’s for this reason that Newcastle University finds itself as the highest-ranking North East establishment on our list.

“Founded in 1963, Newcastle’s oldest university is surrounded by no less than 731 listed buildings and 25,744 gravestones. With a final score of 7.18, Newcastle University provides a worthy conclusion to our top 10.”

The full findings can be found here.

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.