We tried Wagamama’s new student benches and here’s what we found

Katsu curry is the only thing that’ll get us through deadline season

Deadline season is upon us, and it’s hitting us hard. Whether it’s first year assignments or dissertations you’re struggling with, I’m sure we can all agree that between lecturers, seminars and independent work, it can be hard to find the time to cook a good meal or socialise with your course mates.

However, we may have found a solution. Wagamama have launched a brand new initiative, giving students a discounted menu and a safe space to study. Yes, that’s right, you can get a hot, nutritious meal and the opportunity to chat to your mates and do work, all in a place that isn’t the Robbo.

The way we see it, justifying a trip to Wagamama has never been easier so we just had to try it for ourselves.

The menu is priced at £18.50, and consists of a main, side and a drink, offering veggie and vegan food. You can choose from ramen, katsu curry and pad Thai, so there really is something for everyone. We opted for the bang bang cauliflower and yasai gyozas for starter, and the vegan cats curry and grilled chicken ramen for main. As always, it was all 10/10 – the portions are so filling, and you feel like you’re actually doing something good for your body after weeks of beans on toast and iced coffees.

The deal is from Monday to Wednesday, 3-5 pm, the perfect time for a chill study sesh. When we went it was quite quiet, so not only did the food come super quickly, there were no distractions so we could work towards securing that first in peace.

The benches are also spacious enough to get all of your necessary study essentials out. Laptop, charger, many books, planners – you name it, there’s room for it. They’re also really long, so can accommodate large groups – why not bring your whole seminar group?

Plus, you can’t forget their free green tea! Unlimited hot green tea is the absolute cherry on top of the cake and deffo gets you through studying, especially on the colder of March days.

Overall, the Wagamama student benches aren’t to be missed. Despite the stress of deadlines, we all deserve to look after our minds and bodies, and there’s no better way to do so than this

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.