Eight Newcastle shops for last minute Valentine’s gifts

Last minute love? We’ve got you covered

Valentine’s Day 2022 is fast upon us, and with the new semester having started we’re sure many of you will have forgotten to get your Valentine a gift. Fear not however, we’re here to inspire you with plenty of gift ideas, no matter who you’re buying for.

Here’s eight Newcastle shops to visit for the perfect last minute gift this Valentine’s Day:

The Geordie Witch

If your Valentine is into all things spiritual, a trip to The Geordie Witch in Eldon Square is definitely worth a visit. The new shop is full of crystals and their suggested healing powers, as well as candles, incense and books all about herbs and essential oils.

If your idea of healing powers stop at vitamin C and ibuprofen, then you can still pop in for a look at their jewellery range. Think boho, hippie styles with a spiritual twist.

Millie’s Cookies

If you say you don’t like iced cookies, you’re lying. Everyone likes cookies and if your Valentine doesn’t, it may be time to reevaluate your choices. Sorry, we don’t make the rules.

Millie’s Cookies are the very best, and a giant cookie is the perfect way to say I love you.We recommend going all out and taking advantage of their personalisation service – don’t be afraid to choose something cheeky.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZtkwlXrifg/

Menkind

If your Valentine is into all things gadgets then Menkind might have the answer to this year’s gift dilemma.

Not gonna lie, you’ll probably get stuck in there for two hours down a gadget rabbit hole, but there’s a high chance you’ll find something that tickles their fancy. Plus, they have a range of discounts active over the Valentine’s period to save your bank account.

Hotel Chocolat

This one’s a push, we know. If your bank can take the blow, Hotel Chocolat is the perfect treat for chocolate lovers, with a Valentine’s range available both online and in store.

We’ve all seen and swooned over the velvetiser, but that’s going to set you back just short of £100 so maybe just stick to the chocolate hampers.

Charity Shop

You will be astounded at the scope of things you can find in a charity shop. If you’re shopping for a vintage lover or someone who loves a rare find, charity shops can be a gold mine, with giving money to a good cause being a bonus.

Books, clothes, bags, crockery. Shops like Oxfam even sell records – it might be fun to take the metro for a charity shop crawl across Newcastle.

Typo

If student was a shop, it would be Typo. Water bottles, stationary, bum shaped vases. Need we say more?

In all honesty though, Typo is great for personal gifts. They have plenty of slogan items including socks, phone cases, mugs and candles – we love the mystery gift box. Typo is the new Urban Outfitters and they also offer 20% student discount online.

Max Spielmann

Or, any other photo printing shop. A framed photograph is a classic 10/10 gift, being sentimental and also a keepsake. Plus it’s relatively inexpensive.

They also offer canvas prints, photo mugs and poster prints and even do printed photo cushions, so you can spoil your boyfriend or girlfriend with a blown up image of your face for their bed. Amaze, right?

Wilko’s

Wilko’s plants! Swing in after uni for your green fingered Valentine and pick up a new house plant for them.

They sell both cacti and succulents and even have fake plants if you don’t think an aloe vera will live to see Christmas. Pro tip – Typo, Oliver Bonas and Urban Outfitters all sell quirky vases if you’re wanting to complete the gift

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.