You can now get money off your pint in Bar Blanc if you say please

It’s part of a month-long initiative led by Stella Artois

You can get money off your pint this month in Bar Blanc – and all you have to do is say please.

Stella Artois has partnered with Michelin-starred chef Marco Pierre White and Hospitality Action to prove that manners don’t cost a thing.

All you have to do to get £1 off your pint of Stella is say please. The offer will run in select venues across the UK and Newcastle students will be very glad to hear that Bar Blanc is one of them.

The scheme sees Stella rebranding as “Stella Please” and aims to raise awareness of pressures in hospitality sector during December. This comes after new research reveals that 41 per cent of hospitality staff surveyed fear customers will be ruder this festive season and a further 40 per cent report that rude behaviour from customers has gotten worse since lockdown measures lifted.

Not using essential manners like “please and “thank you” are the most common form of discourteous behaviour, with 78 per cent of staff having experienced this.

For each pint ordered, a donation will be made to Hospitality Action to support hospitality workers during their busiest season in years.

Marco Pierre White decided to run the scheme as he has witness his team “be on the receiving end of rude and unnecessary behaviour” over the years and “would like to proudly stand alongside the hospitality industry” to do his bit in this stressful period.

The Stella Please campaign is the latest initiative from Stella Artois to support the hospitality industry. Earlier in the year, the brewer also launched Stella Tips, giving out £500,000 in tips to hospitality staff in pubs.

We’ll definitely be taking advantage of this offer

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.