Image may contain: Face, People, Pants, Night Life, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

The Newcastle Tab are recruiting – come and join our team!

We’re holding an open meeting at Bar Blanc this Monday.

The Newcastle Tab are looking for even more talented student writers, meme makers and photographers to join our existing team!

What is The Tab?

The Tab is a site written by students, for students. We cover everything from breaking news stories to fun features – basically, all the stories that those on campus will be interested in!

The Tab has branches at unis across the country, and The Tab Newcastle boasts over 17,000 Instagram followers as well as a whole host of student readers, so is the ideal way to get your work out there.

News stories covered recently include everything from new bar openings to the exposing of the Jesmond resident’s ASB group.

Our features range from guide pieces, like the best places to eat vegan in the city to jokey articles such as “tell me you study in Newcastle without actually telling me you study in Newcastle” – there’s something for everyone.

Why should I write for The Tab?

As a writer for The Tab Newcastle, your stories will be seen by thousands of readers nationwide, the perfect opportunity for a budding journalist. There’s no pressure to write; you can do as much or as little as you want, with no experience necessary.

The Newcastle Tab’s editorial team will work with you to coach and improve your writing, so there’s no need to worry about a lack of journalistic experience. Plus, the team will work alongside an Assistant Editor based at the London HQ, who will provide training and advice that isn’t available elsewhere.

Tab graduates have gone on to work for companies such as Vice, BBC, The Guardian, Vogue, ITV, Buzzfeed, Dazed and many more international media companies – it’s a great addition to any CV.

Not only this, The Tab is a fun way to get a new hobby and make some friends! As well as our weekly meetings, we also host socials, usually a night out in The Toon. Plus, writing pieces such as experience features can be a great way to try something new with your Tab mates.

How can I get involved?

If The Newcastle Tab sounds like your sort of thing, it couldn’t be easier to get involved. We’re holding an open meeting in Bar Blanc on Monday 27th September at 6pm.

If you’re thinking of coming along, you can click going on our Facebook event!

If you can’t make it, you can come along to our weekly open meetings held every Monday, same time and place. Our meetings are super chill and a great way to get to know the team and discuss ideas whilst having a pint and some pizza.

You can also DM The Newcastle Tab’s Instagram, @thetabnewcastle or message one of our editors, @louisarileyx or @_joshuaaitken on either Instagram or Facebook. This is perfect if you have a pre existing article idea that you want to pitch or if you would rather write before coming along to a meeting.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to message Louisa or Josh!

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.