The Newcastle student behind Harry’s Hot Tubs is giving away £9k

Get your raffle on

Harry’s Hot Tubs announced the launch of a giveaway today, wherein the first prize will win a year’s worth of university tuition fees. The £9,250 will be paid directly into the elected university or Students Loans Company in the name of the winner.

The competition is running via the sale of raffle tickets, which go on sale today at £1.90 per ticket and will be sold until the end of the 2021 academic year, or until all tickets are sold. All entrants must be UK university students.

10 per cent of all proceeds will be donated to Mind Charity in aid of mental health.

Harry Strudwick, the Newcastle University student behind Harry’s Hot Tubs told The Newcastle Tab: “Being a student, I am proud that we have been able to provide a little relief from the coronavirus pandemic this year, an outlet to escape the pressures of deadlines, assignments and life in lockdown.

“However, along with many of my peers, I have been disappointed with the lack of support that students have had through this period of difficulty, both mentally and financially. From the lack of contact hours and face-to-face teaching to the closing of university libraries in the middle of exam season, students have been mistreated and disregarded time and time again.

“I have decided to use the success of my lockdown business to give a little back to my fellow students, in the form of this university raffle.”

Via @harryshottubs on Instagram

Harry’s Hot Tubs was launched a year ago and is now the number one hot tub rental company in the UK. More information regarding the university raffle can be found on the Instagram page.

The website to purchase raffle tickets can be found here.

The Newcastle Tab is looking for new writers! Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook for more info.

Similar stories recommended by this writer:

A Newcastle student is raising money for charity by launching a hot tub rental service in Jesmond

Here are nine small businesses run by Newcastle students

We came up with 100 Newcastle-related Never Have I Evers so you don’t have to