Newcastle University is offering isolating students a £50 food voucher

The University is additionally providing a range of services to support self-isolating students

Newcastle University is offering self-isolating students a support package including a £50 food voucher and free click and deliver service from the NUSU Co-op. A supermarket voucher will be given to students living outside the city centre.

Students can fill out a form to access additional support from the University, which provides a range of services including medication delivery to university-managed accommodation.

If you need to self-isolate, we are here to support you ❤️Further information 👉https://bit.ly/30Clc5n

Posted by Newcastle University on Tuesday, 6 October 2020

Furthermore, Newcastle University is providing wellbeing checks, where support from staff or a student buddy will be offered to check on students regularly. Students can also access 24-hour mental health support through TalkCampus.

Other services include a click and deliver service for the library, a laptop loan, and an emergency starter pack for those newly arriving including bedding, crockery and cutlery.

The form to apply for the support package can be found on the University website. A response from the University can be expected within two working days.

The government requires you to self isolate under the following conditions:

• You have any symptoms of coronavirus – a high temperature; a new, continuous cough; or loss/change to your sense of smell or taste

• You have tested positive for coronavirus

• You have been in contact with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive

• Someone in your support bubble has symptoms or tested positive

• You have been told to self-isolate by Test and Trace or the COVID-19 app

• You arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk

If you are self-isolating you must not leave your home for any reason for at least 10-14 days.

Support from the University will last the duration of your isolation.

Similar stories recommended by this writer:

How and where to get tested for Covid-19 in Newcastle

Isolating students hoist Deliveroo through 5th floor window with dressing gown cords

1389 students have now tested positive at Northumbria University