Pinetree Gym has had a complete refurb!

The new neon sign in the spin room says “Ride of your life”… we’re sold

Pinetree Health and Fitness located in the heart of Jesmond has been an all-time student favourite for years. The gym’s prime location is easily accessible for all those who have moved from halls into their second- or third-year house and now proudly call Jesmond their home; because a little gym sesh between pints at Blanc and brunches at 1901 is definitely a must.

Over lockdown, Pinetree has undergone a huge refurbishment resulting in a full rebrand of the gym ranging from the neon-lighting decor (perfect for the Instagram story to show everyone that you indeed are a #gymlegend) to a whole set of new facilities. The new equipment includes a bespoke fitness track, prowler sleds, assault bikes, a SkiErg machine and a full new set of benches, weights, kettlebells and more.

Nicola Tune, the Manager of Pinetree told The Newcastle Tab: “We started Pinetree over 30 years ago with the goal of creating a space where fitness and friends come together, and we’ve taken that to the next level with our latest transformation.

“With 13 different membership and discount student deals, we’re proud of our student favourite status and look forward to welcoming more members into the Pinetree community.”

Additionally, there is a whole range of classes available at Pinetree (completely inclusive with membership), that can be booked in advance on the day. Classes include Yoga, Spinning, Body Pump and Body Attack among others, which will ensure that there’s a class for you to ultimately get one step closer to that long-gone New Year’s resolution you made to get fit in 2020 (it’s only October, there’s still hope!).

Regarding the COVID-19 measurements that are currently in place to sustain safe and responsible training, Nicola told The Newcastle Tab: “With our members’ wellbeing, as well as the wellbeing of the rest of the public in mind, we have taken all government advice and implemented stringent measures to make sure we are offering the safest fitness space possible – with temperature checks, track and trace and the use of face masks when not working out.”

Furthermore, they are currently choosing two members to become the new Pinetree Ambassadors for 2020/21 and the decision is up to you! More information into this campaign can be found on their socials.

Want to write stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.

Recommended stories by this writer:

You can only say you’ve lived in Jesmond if you’ve done these eight things

Six types of people you’ll definitely meet in Jesmond

10 things every Newcastle student will learn when moving into a Jesmond house