Tributes pour in after loss of ‘bright, talented’ Newcastle student Jeni Larmour

‘Kind-hearted’ Jeni passed away on Saturday morning

Tributes are being made to Newcastle University student Jeni Larmour who passed away in her Park View accommodation early on Saturday morning.

The 18-year-old from County Armagh had started studying Architecture and Urban Planning last month.

Those who knew Larmour have taken social media to pay tribute a woman described by her mother as a “beautiful princess”.

One of Jeni’s friends, Olivia, posted to Instagram: “My loving memories of you will always hold a special place in my heart”, along with several photos celebrating fond memories together.

“I’ll never forget the bright, talented and kind hearted girl that you were.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF-FEbknrw4/

Piper, who had met Joni during their participation in Lord Dannatt’s Round Britain Challenge, posted to Facebook: “I couldn’t have asked for a better crewmate: so enthusiastic and excited about everything, always bubbly and happy spreading the love, and the best tour guide on the days where we got to explore Ireland.

“Heaven’s gained another angel too soon, fly high.”

“Model pupil”

Larmour’s former school, The Royal School in Armagh, also published a tribute to their page.

“Jeni came to the Royal School in Year 8 and in the years that followed was a model pupil, exemplifying many of the values which this school seeks to promote. Her outstanding qualities as a pupil were recognised in her final year when she was appointed Deputy Head Girl, a role she carried out to a very high standard.

“Jeni was a spirited and independently minded girl with clear views which she was happy to articulate in a respectful manner and she was possessed of a well-developed sense of justice.

“We have no doubt, that given her academic ability and personality, Jeni had a bright future ahead of her and we are saddened that has been so suddenly cut short.”

In an email to students about the passing of Larmour and another student, Newcastle University Vice-Chancellor Chris Day said: “We are all heartbroken and our thoughts and condolences are with their families, friends and loved ones at this most difficult of times.

“The loss of these two young lives from our University has been felt acutely across our whole community.”

If you have been affected by the contents of this article, Newcastle University’s Wellbeing services are available here.

For honest information about drugs, visit talktofrank.com.