Market Shaker is reopening on 4th July

It will operate in a ‘scaled-down’ form until nightclubs reopen

Market Shaker will reopen from midday on Saturday 4th July, they have announced via their Instagram.

The bar told The Newcastle Tab that they will be “opening more for pub vibes than nightclub vibes”, as nightclubs are not yet permitted to open. They added that they will open with “much more of a leisurely drinking and eating environment” and with full social distancing measures in place.

We are told to expect “a reduced capacity, shorter operating hours, food and drink ordering via an app and table service and no walk-ins permitted”, so you must have a confirmed booking prior to entry.

Market Shaker also told The Newcastle Tab that they “can’t wait to welcome everybody back to enjoy the full Shaker experience but until then we want to do things safely and in line with the government’s guidelines”.

However, we can still get our Shaker fix with a “scaled-down version for leisurely drinks and pizza”!

Want to break stories like this? Join the team, no experience required. DM us via @TheTabNewcastle on Instagram or The Tab Newcastle on Facebook.