It’s time for the quiz answers, if you got more than 30 you’re a Newcastle legend
Earlier this week, we bought you the big Newcastle quiz which a final year student has written!
There’s questions of all kinds from Greggs to uni buildings, trebs to Jesmond restaurants and everything in between!
If you missed it, check out the quiz here before you look at the answers!
Here’s how you rank based on your score:
1-10 – Sorry have you even been to Newcastle? You pretend to love the Toon but actually spend more time at home with your boyfriend or girlfriend every weekend and don’t even know one Geordie slang word.
10-20 – You’re partial to a pint at Blanc or a treb at Soho but you don’t really care about Newcastle CULTURE.
20-30 – Tbf the quiz was quite tough so if you’re in this range then we believe that you do love being in the Toon. You deffo live in Leazes or Jesmond and probs own something North Face.
30+ – The real MVPs. You’re the kings and queens of Newcastle. You know everything there is to know and you’re currently saying “I miss Greggs” about five times a day.
Round One – Newcastle General Knowledge
- To the nearest thousand how student is there living in Newcastle? 42,000
- How tall is Greys Monument (in m)? 40m
- How many bridges are there on quayside? Three
- How many Greggs are there in Newcastle (town)? 10
- How many shops are there in the Metro Centre? 310
- How much is the student monthly metro pass zone A? £27.70
- How many buildings does Castle Leazes have? Seven
- When did Geordie Shore first air on TV? 2013
- Why was Jesmond on BBC News in March 2020? Students were disobeying government advice and going to pubs on St Patrick’s Day
- Which royal family member lived in Castle Leazes? Princess Eugenie
Round Two – Jesmond
- The Castro Giovanni is a burger at which restaurant? Jam Jar
- How many bars are there on Osborne Road? Six
- Which bar set on fire in 2019? Billabong
- Name the new steakhouse that opened next to Osbornes. Rio
- How many metro stops are there from Jesmond to Tynemouth? 12
- How many secondary schools are there in Jesmond? Four
- Which days does Jesmond Tesco close early? Saturday and Sunday
- How many burgers are on the Fat Hippo Menu? 16
- What is the average student rent in Jesmond and West Jesmond? £405 per month
- Name all the 2 pound drinks at Blanc on a Tuesday. Strongbow, double vodka, gin, rum, whisky, amaretto, small wine, Carling, Fosters, John Smiths, Bud
Round Three – Newcastle Nightlife
- Name all of the nights at Greys Club? Swings, Block Party, Oops
- Name the Wetherspoons which is near the train station. The Mile Castle
- How much is the treble deal at soho? £7.50
- Crucast, My Nu Leng and Mall Grab have all played at which Newcastle venue in 2019? Digi
- Which ex Geordie shore cast member is a frequent at cosmic? Scotty T
- Which club was in the news for a drug scandal in 2018? House of Smith
- How much is entry to Feral after midnight? £3.50
- How many floors are there at Greys Club? Four
- Which Newcastle club smoking area has mural on the wall? Market Shaker
- True or false – Flares is free on a weekend. False
Round Four – Is this building Posh or Poly?
- The Ellison Building – Northumbria
- The Claudia Gibb – Northumbria
- The Culture Lab – Newcastle
- The Lipman Building – Northumbria
- Frederick Douglass Centre – Newcastle
- Herschel Building – Newcastle
- The Squires Building – Northumbria
- Wolfson Building – Newcastle
- The Wynne Jones – Northumbria
- The Hadrian Building – Newcastle