Here are the candidates for Education Officer in the NUSU 2020 Elections

Voting opens on Monday at midday

It’s that time of year where the NUSU Election campaigns are in full swing and we’re here to run down all you need to know about those hoping to be the next Education Officer.

Sian Dickie

“I am so enthusiastic about this role. I graduated from my undergrad at Newcastle in 2019 and I’m currently studying my Sociology MA. So I’ve experienced all aspects of our education system at Newcastle.”

Her manifesto points:

1. Week off after January exams
  2. Recap for all
  3. Promotion of study spaces
  4. PEC reform
  5. Wellbeing advisors in all schools.

Her campaign video:

Meet your NUSU Student Elections candidatesMeet Sian running for your NUSU Education Officer 2020Find out more and…

Posted by Newcastle University Students' Union on Monday, 9 March 2020

Robin Kaur

“Help me to #SealTheDeal and I will fight for your educational needs. You deserve the highest quality of education.”

Her manifesto points:

1. Collaboration with services at King’s Gate.
  2. Work closely with the committee members and represent your voice.
  3. Increase the involvement between students and staff.
  4. Regular engagement with students and the directors of the degree programmes.
  5. Improve the access for help to software, literature/books and areas for study

Her campaign video:

Morning! Could you all please share this video 💜 Remember the votes are happening this Monday. Please help me to #SealtheDealWww.nusu.co.uk/vote

Posted by Robin Nina Kaur on Thursday, 12 March 2020

Voting opens at midday on 16th March and closes at midday on 19th March. 

You can cast your votes for Education Officer and all the other sabbatical roles on the NUSU website here.