Here is your official guide to St. Paddy’s Day 2020 in Newcastle

Be ready to get your clover out for the masses

St Paddy’s Day is back this Tuesday which means it’s time for our round up of the best events in Newcastle.

Tuesdays on Osborne road are notorious for being booming so add in an excuse to start drinking at 10am and you’ve got yourself a big one.

It has been announced that the ever popular event at Northumbria SU has been cancelled amid Coronavirus fears. As of yet, no more cancellations have been announced so here’s what the rest of the Toon has to offer.

The Holy Hobo’s Shamrock Shindig

No photo description available.

The mecca of Jesmond, keeping the party going all the way until 2am you’d be mad to miss this one. If the centre of town isn’t really your scene then head on over to the gates of student heaven, serving some naughty Irish scran from 11am along with 2-4-1 bevs all day and all night long, mixing it up with live music and DJ’s they’ve got something for everyone.

Soho Rooms

Soho Rooms are bringing out A GREEN TREB for one night only. If this isn’t the reason to make it a venue of choice we don’t know what is. There’s free entry as ever and bound to be great tunes across all three floors. Grab yourself a treb and a green hat and get yourself down to their Shamrock Party.

Bar Blanc

Image may contain: possible text that says 'ひ ST. PATRICK'S DAY AT BLANC TUESDAY 17TH MARCH 10:30 AM ONWARDS ULSTER FRY- UP FREE HATS -LOTS OF GUINNESS'

The home of rugby boys, cheap drinks and on Paddy’s Day, free hats! Now name one student who doesn’t love free stuff.

Blanc is a good place to start the festivities off right with them being open from 10am serving a traditional Ulster fry-up to line your stomach for the countless amounts of Guinness you’ll be consuming (wether you like it or just want to pose for an Insta with it).

Newcastle University

No photo description available.

Fancy somewhere that you’ll be able to get served faster than Osborne road on a Tuesday night? Luthers bar is hosting their own Paddy’s Day special with a promise of 200 pints of Guinness to be given away, more free stuff! It’s open from midday until late there’s promise of terrace DJs, outside bars and drinks as cheap as £2 – who’s gonna complain?

House of Smith, Florita’s & Madame Koo

Image may contain: text

Moving into town we start with a frequent favourite amongst Newcastle and Northumbria students, Collingwood street. Three venues, one big party serving up £2 drinks all night long you’re not exactly gonna break the bank with this one. We’ve even heard rumours that they’re handing out sweets all night long, a nice appetiser before your post night out takeaway.

MSA

No photo description available.

An exclusive special from MSA getting into the spirit of the day and hosting their own Boiler Room style party. Five DJ slots, five hours of music with tickets starting at £5 and the night lasting until 3am (if you haven’t dropped out from all the shots of Baileys).

Swingers St. Patrick’s Day Shamrock

Image may contain: plant and text

Where would the students of Newcastle be without Swingers, other than out of their overdraft. Essentially the only place to go on a Thursday is taking over Tuesdays in Newcastle for a St. Paddy’s special and last time people were scrambling on Leazes Ticket Exchange for a ticket so make sure you head over to their website if you don’t want to miss out this year.

Eden Newcastle

Image may contain: text

Long gone are the days of TigerTiger but the party still goes on with Pout taking over Paddy’s Day at Eden with countless drink specials starting at just £1.50 and only £1 entry, a national holiday isn’t the only reason to celebrate. If you haven’t been down to Eden yet, what better reason then to have a cheap night out on a day where drinking till you turn green is somewhat acceptable.

Paddy Fest 2020

If you’re planning on behaving and heading to The Robbo on Tuesday instead of going out, don’t fret – you can celebrate this weekend instead. Paddy Fest is returning to Times Square with events like bingo and “Kroud Karaoke”! Grab yourself a Guinness and get ready to dance on the benches. There’s stuff going on on Friday, Saturday and Sunday!