Image may contain: People, Crowd, Poster, Advertisement, Collage, Face, Person, Human

‘I f*cking hate n****s’: Newcastle Uni student filmed chanting racial slur

It was posted on another student’s Instagram story

A video of a Newcastle University student using a racial slur was posted on Instagram last night.

In the video, the man can be seen singing down a microphone.

He shouts the phrases, "I fucking hate n****s", "I fucking hate pikeys" and "you fucking gay pikey".

Image may contain: Bedroom, Room, Indoors, Interior Design, Person, Human

The student is wearing a university hockey club tie and is surrounded by a number of others in the same attire.

At one point in the video he can be heard to say "I f*cking hate [you]" and the person filming puts up his middle finger.

He can be heard laughing and continuing to sing as the video continues.

Image may contain: Room, People, Face, Interior Design, Indoors, Audience, Crowd, Person, Human

The Newcastle Tab approached the student and he stated he didn't want to comment while the incident was being handled by the university.

The Newcastle University Men's Hockey Club told The Newcastle Tab that they are dealing with the incident. A Spokesperson said: "The situation is being dealt with internally and by the university".

Image may contain: Classroom, School, People, Face, Speech, Lecture, Room, Indoors, Audience, Crowd, Human, Person

A Newcastle University spokesperson said they were taking the situation very seriously. The stated: "There is no place for racism or racial harassment of any kind at Newcastle University and we are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our students and staff.

"We are appalled by the language used in this video and are actively investigating."