Image may contain: Bun, Person, Human, Food, Bread

Greggs have opened a drive-thru store in Newcastle and students are here for it

Love at first bite?

After much speculation and anticipation, Greggs has finally opened a new drive-thru store in its true home of Newcastle.

The store, ideal for students who can't be bothered to walk to one of the 29 other Greggs stores in The Toon, is situated in North Gosforth, off the A1056 Sandy Lane, not far from where Greggs opened its first store in 1951.

As well as yet another opportunity to sink your teeth into a steak bake or a yum yum, the new store has provided 20 new jobs in the local area.

Image may contain: Coat, Text, Shop, Bakery, Food, Face, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Human

Although a recent addition to Newcastle, there are already three other drive-thrus in Lancashire, Derbyshire and Manchester.

You can fill your face with all the Greggs classics you know and love, as well as a breakfast menu featuring bacon stotties, fresh fruit and coffee, available until 11am. Perfect for clearing the post night-out fog.

Prominent Geordie and first year Music student at Newcastle University, Callum Webster, told The Newcastle Tab, "Scorching heatwaves, seagulls dognapping chihuahuas and Boris made PM, could it get any madder? It just has."

Amid concerns that the planet is being baked due to climate change, this is surely something all students can get behind.