Image may contain: Bread, Dish, Meal, Food, Person, Human

Here’s where you can find the most Instagrammable scran in Newcastle

Do it for the ‘gram

Did you really go out to that nice restaurant with your mates and spend most of your student loan if you didn’t document it on Instagram? In the day and age of social media, food just has to look as good as it tastes and nothing is more disappointing than when you head out for a bite to eat and the opportunity for a good picture just never arrives. However, fear no more and get those boomerangs at the ready, for here are the best places to get a decent shot of your scran in the Toon.

Sushi Me Rollin’

Sushi is aesthetically pleasing as it is, but Sushi Me Rollin’ has this plate of sushi looking like it ought to have its own display in the Baltic. Seriously. Just look at it. The random squiggles of sauce, bright colours and crazy shapes and sizes means all you have to do is whack a filter on this bad boy and caption it, “Sushi Me Rollin’ They Hatin”. Then your followers know that you don’t actually care what they think of your pretentious lunch when it’s looking THIS damn fine.

Instagram Aesthetic: 5/5

Taste: 4/5

Price: £££

The French Quarter

Located in the very quaint Arches, The French Quarter is the cutest place for a romantic first date and some very Instagrammable food. The fact that I can’t even afford to live in Jesmond pretty much determines that I definitely don’t know what a ‘Courgette Farcie’ is, but a quick upload of this vibrant veggie egg to your feed and who’s to know that you're even in your overdraft?

Instagram Aesthetic: 4/5

Taste: 3/5

Price: £££

Fat Hippo

Fat Hippo will have your Insta followers literally salivating at their screens, and trust me, it’s even more delicious than it looks. Found in a very grungy underground bunker in the city centre and also in Jesmond, Fat Hippo is the perfect excuse for a quick snap of this glorious calorific feast.

Image may contain: Drink, Alcohol, Beverage, Beer, Bread, Table, Furniture, Burger, Food, Human, Person

Instagram Aesthetic: 3/5

Taste: 5/5

Price: £

Nancy's Bordello

This cheeky little bar is just around the corner from the Northumbria campus. Nancy's quirky atmosphere is well worth a snap or two (or even five) and most of their menu also comes with a student discount that you just can't complain about.

Instagram Aesthetic: 4/5

Taste: 4/5

Price: £

The Great British Cupcakery

Freakshakes? Flowery walls and girly pink décor? The Great British Cupcakery ticks all the boxes for the perfect shot of your afternoon sweet treat. It's popular amongst bloggers for a reason!

Image may contain: Book, Dessert, Sweets, Food, Confectionery, Bakery, Shop

Instagram Aesthetic: 5/5

Taste: 3/5

Price: ££

North Terrace NE2

This place is cute AF and definitely worth a snap or two. Those rustic wooden tables, loaded hot dogs and metal skillets on chopping boards? You’re basically a food blogger already.

Instagram Aesthetic: 4/5

Taste: 4/5

Price: £

Olive and Bean

This one is for all you basic brunch gals out there (you know who you are). Brunch is a fine little thing and anything with berries or bagels is definitely very Insta worthy in my book. You’ll have people thinking you drink sparkling water and do yoga at 7am before uni everyday with a shot of a brunch like this.

Image may contain: Sandwich, Burger, Food, Bread

Instagram Aesthetic: 5/5

Taste: 4/5

Price: ££

Although these are some of the most Insta-worthy and potentially most affordable places to eat in Newcastle, there's LOADS more. So don't just take our word for it, go and see what the Toon has to offer (and don't forget to tag us).