Image may contain: Face, Sweater, Apparel, Clothing, Lunch, Meal, Food, Eating, Human, Person

Shijo has FINALLY opened in the SU!

Spring rolls for days

Newcastle's third Shijo has finally opened in the SU and it does not disappoint. The highly anticipated lunch spot opened yesterday and is just opposite Subway.

Image may contain: Electronics, Screen, LCD Screen, Display, Monitor, Building, Desk, Tabletop, Plywood, Table, Wood, Furniture, Person, Human

If you don't already know what Shijo is (if that's even possible), it's a Japanese restaurant and is currently located in Haymarket Metro Station and Northumbria campus.

In 2017, it was voted the best lunch spot in Newcastle and now they have finally opened another, in the perfect location.

Renowned for it's amazing smell that entices people in and affordable prices, this place is a student's dream. Plus they do student discount, making a delicious chicken katsu curry your's for just £5!

Amazing vegan options are also on offer, such as tofu katsu curry and £2 spring rolls! Realistically, there's no better way to spend your student loan.

Image may contain: Meal, Dish, Food

The new Shijo isn't so much of a restaurant, and more of a grab 'n' go, perfect for a quick lunch between lectures. However, it is right next to Luther's, so if you do fancy a sit down lunch with friends it's an ideal spot.

We spoke to the team at Shijo, who told us that "we've been really busy so far and have loved the response from Newcastle students. The full menu will be available to order from next week".

They also tipped us off about a potential 50 per cent off day in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes peeled!

Image may contain: Sign, Symbol, Shop, Person, Human

It is the perfect addition to the Newcastle Student Union, so ditch the Robbo's sausage rolls and grab yourself a tasty meal for a great price!