Man rushed to hospital after being stabbed in The Cut

The club went into lock down

Hide Images

A 23-year-old man has ended up in hospital after being stabbed in the leg at The Cut in the early hours of the morning.

The police were called to the Newcastle nightclub on Saint Nicholas Street shortly after 1am this morning . The man was taken to hospital immediately after being found with a stab wound on his leg.

A member of the public tweeted as the incident was occurring, saying: "Currently trapped in Tup Tup in Newcastle where there's allegedly been a stabbing."

He later tweeted: "Finally left, home safe! Never experienced anything like that, people dressed in Halloween costumes (fake blood, make up bullet holes etc) in a confined area where there's been a stabbing! Couldn't write it! Hope said victim is recovering!"

The Newcastle Tab spoke to Northumbria Police who said: "At 1.07am today (Monday), police received a report of an assault at a premises on Saint Nicholas Street in Newcastle city centre.

"Emergency services attended the scene and found a man with injuries consistent with a stab wound on his leg. The 23-year-old was taken to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.

“Enquiries are ongoing and anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting log 41 29/10/18 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”