Image may contain: Arm, Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Party, Person, People, Human

Osborne Road, weird house parties, wrecking houses and everything else you will experience living in Jesmond

Don’t tell the landlord

One of the most highly anticipated things as a uni student is moving into a house with all your pals for second year. And we all know that there are some things which are always going to happen when you make the move from Halls to the place we all know and love, Jesmond.

Spending every Tuesday on Osborne Road

On a student budget you’re always looking for a cheap drinks deal and sometimes Soho’s trebs deal is just too far to trek. Whether it’s £2 drinks at Blanc or pressing the big red button at Spy Bar, you could never miss those weekly deals. But £2 double vodkas will never guarantee a quiet one in Jesmond, be prepared for a messy night where you’ll probably still end up in Tup Tup.

x We love you x

Spend the whole year cold, blind and moody

It’s January, two degrees and you’re still too stubborn to turn the heating on. Meanwhile you’re sat in the dark like it’s a blackout with your housemates arguing about how much this month’s bills are going to cost. There’s always one culprit who’ll leave their bedroom light on through the day. Whoever said living in a house was cosy definitely had their bills included.

Do some damage and have to break it to the landlord

You went to the pub for one and ended up having people back for pres. One thing led to another, and now you have a massive hole in your wall. You’ve tried to cover it up but you know you have to tell the landlord. Option one: tell the truth like you know you should. Option two: cover it with a piece of cardboard and hope for the best.

Go to weirdly themed house parties and get some cracking Instas

Image may contain: Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Person, People, Human

The picture says it all.

Tell yourself you’re going to walk to uni every day but end up getting the Metro

Monday morning, 9am. You’ve been telling yourself you’re going to buy a bike since Freshers' and still haven’t. Realistically, walking was never going to be an option when the West Jes Metro is on your doorstep and it’s freezing outside.

"Find yourself" in Jesmond Dene

Today is the day you’re finally going to get your life together. No more drinking, late nights or takeaways. You’re not a fresher anymore. What better way to get your life back on track than a walk through Jesmond Dene. You feel like a new person, breathing in the fresh air and taking in the scenery but realistically you know that this new leaf will not last longer than a day.

Image may contain: Water, Pond, Outdoors, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Person, People, Human

Waste all your money in Instagram-worthy cafes

It might seem worth it at the time so you can show everyone you’re "living your best life" as a student, but those perfectly poached eggs and avocado from Cafe 1901 will get you nowhere but deeper into your overdraft and no Insta is worth it. So be wise and stick to beans on toast. Save your money for more important things, like doubles from Blanc.

Image may contain: Pastry, Dessert, Bowl, Cup, Waffle, Food

Dayum

Telling everyone you meet how great Pizzeria Francesca’s is

It seems like a right of passage that anyone who moves to Jesmond instantly begins to rave about Francesca’s. Somehow everyone seems to have been and fallen in love, and who can blame them with half pizza, half pasta for £8.

Spend far too much time and money in Blanc

£1.70 Bud Light beers seem cheap at the start of the year, but it adds up when you can’t walk past Blanc after lectures without stopping off for a pint. It doesn’t help that there is always someone you know sat outside, tempting you with a burger and a pint.

Go for a family Sunday lunch at the Lonsdale

After a long week of convincing yourself you’ve been working hard, all you desire is a banging Sunday roast. And what better way to do it is with your uni fam. Your little life in Jesmond wouldn’t be the same without them, so getting together for a family dinner is the perfect way to end the week.

Making awkward eye contact with your neighbours

You often forget that people can see into your house from theirs. It’s only when you make awkward eye contact with your neighbour through your kitchen window that you start to second guess what else they’ve seen looking into your bedroom.

Whether you love it or hate it, you know there's no place you'd rather be…especially not Sandyford.

Contributions: Georgina Bennett