Image may contain: Make Out, Night Life, Night Club, Club, Person, People, Human

Here’s every type of person you’ll pull on a night out in Newcastle

Sorry Mum

We're all guilty of a cheeky smooch on a night out and with Newcastle being renowned for its crazy nightlife the regrettable decisions will just keep coming. Although every person has a different type, there is a definitive list of the people you have pulled, or will pull during your time at Newcastle.

1) The Rah

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Identifiable by their wavy vintage garms, paired with an oversized Ralph Lauren puffa and excessive amounts of gold jewellery. When they’re not scouring Depop for the edgiest Tommy Hilfiger sweater, they can usually be found in the likes of Club Trop or the rah’s favourite- Swingers. The pair of you will be heading back to Castle Leazes in a taxi before you know it.

2) The one in a relationship

Image may contain: Party, Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

Spotted on rare occasion when their significant other lets them off the leash for a night of freedom with the #lads. Despite the endless calls and texts, they choose to ignore the reminders of their loved one at home in a keen attempt to prove to themselves that they’ve ‘still got it’. Of course, you can’t go back to their place, so the night usually ends up with them making a sharp exit, and you will then be avoided for the rest of your time at uni.

And they say romance is dead.

3) The one that gets too attached

Image may contain: Back, Person, People, Human

They’ve probably had their eye on you since Freshers' and you’ve ignored the warning signs of them being out on the same night, in the same club and the same spot each week. After several attempts of gaining your attention, you finally give into curiosity and enter the trap. Little do you know, they’ve already planned the engagement, the wedding, the amount of kids you’ll have and the names of the eight dogs you’re getting together. Save your future-self some time and just block their email address now. Trust me

4) The Housemate/Flatmate

Image may contain: Night Life, Party, Person, People, Human

This one you may have considered for a while but have always followed the ‘don’t shit where you eat’ expression. However after yet another messy night in Soho and you find your tongue stuck down their throat. On the plus side, it will probably be the shortest walk of shame you’ll ever have to do.

5) The Fresher

A breed of their own, the keenest of them all, and unfortunately, we’ve all been there. Luckily for some, if you are indeed also a fresher this one doesn’t really matter. However, for second and third years, Freshers are to be avoided at all costs. Usually wearing a sharpie covered white t-shirt they're an easy spot. You thought you had succeeded in avoiding them, until they ask the dreaded question, ‘so what halls are you in?’… then you realise it’s game over.

6) The one from Tinder

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Person, People, Human

You’ll spend half an hour trying to work out where you know this person from, until you realise you spent hours trying to work out whether their Tinder profile was a catfish or not. You suddenly wish you could swipe people left in real life.

7) The one on a sports social

Image may contain: Party, Person, People, Human

Found every Wednesday night or at every AU ball, the sports teams in Newcastle are no stranger to a messy night out. You can forgive yourself for being attracted to a group of God-like physiques, buy their attention will be short lived and they will soon be back to necking what is probably their 23rd pint of the evening.

8) The ex

New year, same you. You’ve promised your friends (and yourselves) that you will never, ever go there again. However, four trebs down and you’ve already drunk text them eight times. One thing leads to another and you find yourself back where you swore you would never venture again.

The blue treb made you do it.

9) The one that everyone else has got with

Image may contain: Night Life, Night Club, Club, Swimwear, Clothing, Bikini, Person, People, Human

The Newcastle bike. You have to give it to them, there’s a reason why they’re so sought after. You’ve talked yourself out of getting with this person, because they ‘will have every STD under the sun’. However, curiosity will get the better of you, and you will just become another person on the hit list. As the saying goes: If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

10) The virgin

Speaks for itself really. P.S. If you’re wondering why this is at the end of the list, a virgin is always late to the party.

Photo credits: Aaron Shaquille-Carlton (Swingers), Sam Cooper Photography , Chris Gray (Soho), Max Cooper (02),