Image may contain: Performer, Musical, Music, Leisure Activities, Person, People, Human

Which Friends character are you based on your role in your uni house

We know you want to be Joey

Whether they’re ‘The one waiting for their 7th ASOS parcel of the week’ or ‘The one who’s done all the readings 3 weeks in advance’, here’s a simple guide to tell you with which ‘Friend’ you’re really living.

Rachel Green: the girl with a shopping problem

They ran away from their rich southern life with daddy’s credit card at the ready but are now 6 feet deep in their overdraft, with only their North Face puffer for protection. Yankee Candles are the shit and fairy lights are a given – only the best for this fashion-forward princess.

Commonly spotted in Swingers, swarmed by fuckboys desperate for her snapchat deets, this primed hotty is never seen without a double voddy in hand. Her main gal pals double as no.1 bodyguards for the entire evening and are more than ready to spill the night’s blurred accomplishments or fatal disasters first thing the next morning.

When they’re not glammed up for a night out, you’ll probably find them in Pure Gym decked out in the latest Gymshark co-ord. But don’t be fooled – they’re only here for that perfect instashot for their adoring 10k followers.

Image may contain: Underwear, Lingerie, Clothing, Poster, Collage, Person, People, Human

Joey Tribbiani: the lad of all lads

He entered as the hot housemate. The friend of a friend with a ralphy hoodie and floppy hair, effortlessly nailing the ‘Jesmond-lad’ look he was always made for.

You know he’s off-limits (because the housemate code loosely keeps you in check), but with his inappropriate flirting and boyish charm, one cheeky ‘how you doin’ starts a whirlpool of sexual ‘what-ifs’ that can only be left to the imagination… in most cases.

Sport drives their social regime; whether it’s having a kickabout down the local park or hitting up the pub for the big game, this sports fan’s blind-supporting of their local Manchester United or Cardiff City, (even if they are trailing in the relegation zone of the Premiership), proves their loyalty is second to none.

These days Just Eat drivers pretty much visit the house as much as they do, delivering the usual Domino’s 12” pepperoni on the day-to-day rotation for this takeaway addict. But please remember their one rule to avoid any unneeded tension for your household: THEY DO NOT SHARE FOOD.

Image may contain: Meal, Food, Breakfast, Bowl, Cup

Phoebe Buffay: the free spirited outsider

The one who’s definitely had two gap years. They’ve guaranteed done anything and everything. The scar from the elephant ankle tattoo that got infected from South East Asia is constantly on show, as is the story about how they nearly had their entire leg amputated.

At the same time they don’t really give a shit about what anyone thinks, and lives and dies by their bohemian lifestyle. They most likely bagged their place in the house last minute and are always the last one to pay into the bills account. You rarely see them, except from the odd time they pop to the freezer to whack out their sixth round of Quorn nuggets that week (you’ve tried them and they’re good but would never admit it to them).

They’re the ultimate flexitarian, god forbid they’re seen eating meat but when Maccies calls at 3am the chicken nugs can’t be helped. They’re an active green tea drinker as it’s good for the soul and god help us all if they don’t have a cafetiere constantly on the go. Essentially they have a big heart and you can’t help but love them even if they do just tell it like it is.

Image may contain: Buddha, Sculpture, Art, Worship, Temple, Building, Architecture, Person, People, Human, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora

Monica Geller: the mother hen

What would you do without this housemate? They are the glue that holds the house together whose maternal instincts took over the second they arrived at uni. They’re always there to pick up the pieces when your Tinder date turns out to be a massive dick, or provide you with a much needed Lemsip when Freshers Flu inevitably hits.

They are typically found cooking up a storm in the kitchen with a bunch of exotic ingredients that will put your beans on toast to shame. Try not to feel too disheartened as you watch them tuck into a three course meal while you reach for the Pot Noodle for the third day in a row.

When they’re not whipping round the Henry or planning their meal schedule for the next month, they’re guaranteed to be mopping the already clean kitchen floor for the 5th time that week. At first their obsessive cleaning habits seemed pretty handy, but these days you can’t leave a cup out for more than 20 minutes without a sassy message calling you out on the house group chat. Consequently your house is sure to be “not just clean, *Monica* clean” at all times.

Chandler Bing: the sarcastic prick

The one who takes the joke too far. Is sure to cause the first house argument over outing everyone’s first year antics during ‘never have I ever’ but god forbid you calling them out for their shitty one-liners or their dark fruits obsession. They’re the classic case of having zero problem giving it out but not being able to take it.

You will usually find them down the pub with the lads, in front of the latest installment of Monday Night Football, attempting to assert their male prowess whilst secretly googling the offside rule on the sly. Masculinity is their constant struggle.

This seasoned jokester is well and truly wifed off for life after bagging his first pull in Tiger Tiger during Freshers. A year down the line, they’re now the house’s token couple, dog names have been officially chosen and the wedding is of April next year.

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Ross Geller: the classic nerd

Let’s face it, we’ve all grown up with this housemate; aces all they’re tests, rims all the teachers, never had a day off in their life to maintain their sterling 100% attendance record.

But put them in uni context – shock, nothing has changed. Their bedroom is decked out with excessive books, notepads, pens – pretty much the entire stationary collection WH Smiths has to offer. Over summer they have completed all the readings and extra readings to ‘get ahead’ in the forthcoming year, but really this was to save their non-existent social life from being a total disaster.

Romance isn't an area this housemate is quite so successful in either. A teenage love story struck by drunk, horny students and awkward distant phone calls, means they have resulted to questionable dance moves and weak chat in Soho, sadly causing this casanova to know the tale of an empty bed at home oh too well.

Their funny habits and undeniably kind-hearted personality, however, does succeed to make up for some of their smartarse nature, even if their monthly stress outbursts could seriously need some overdue anger management (MY SANDWICH!!)- they really aren't that bad after all.

Image may contain: Box

No matter how much your housemates may annoy you, you can guarantee they’ll always be there for you [cue outro music].

Photo credits: Chris Gray (Alpha Thursdays @ Tup Tup)

Contributors: Emma Wharrick and Flo Forster