Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Newcastle’s BNOC 2018: The Winner

At long last we know our champion

Charlotte Duff, best known for starting a Just Giving page to fund her flight back to Newcastle from Malaysia for the NUSCC ball, has been crowned Newcastle's BNOC 2018.

The second year won with an staggering 613 votes – a whole 360 votes higher than second place.

Charlotte, who studies Biomedical Science, told The Tab: "Thanks to everyone who voted for me, hopefully after winning this title my parents will forgive me for failing my exams. When I came to Malaysia my parents told me to make sure I did something worth while with my time out here, I'm not sure this is what they meant. But hopefully this will mean I remain the favourite child for the rest of my life."

Image may contain: Pasta, Lasagna, Food, Person, People, Human

"Can't wait to come home, see all my pals, get mortal after a pint and chat bare shit about all the weird shit that has happened to me out here. But until then I'm going to celebrate by binge watching Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars and avoid doing work."

Eleanor Hughes and Lucy Owen came in at second place with 253 votes. They told The Tab: "Just want to say thank you to our biggest fan, blueberry trebles, for always helping us forget our bad decisions. Where would we have to get locked in next year to win?'

Here's all the results:

Image may contain: Text