We asked year abroad students what they miss most about Newcastle

You don’t know what you got till it’s gone

| UPDATED Hide Images

Third year is depressing, boring and stressful. It also doesn't help when some of your friends are off on their placements and year abroad all over the world giving you serious Instagram envy.

Living their best lives across various continents and countries while you're stuck in the Toon and gloom may suck. However, it isn't all sunshine and rainbows while away. We asked some of the students what they missed most about Newcastle to make you feel better about yourself.

Jack, Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies, Cadiz

I miss so much about Newcastle, and going to the pub is probably the biggest one. I also miss being around sarcastic people in Newcastle because no one understands my sense of humour in Spain! I also miss singing 'take me home country roads' in Flares. I try singing it over the constant reggaeton played in clubs here to stay sane.

Ellen, Music, Baltimore

I miss living with my friends and getting close to who you live with as that's something I wasn't able to choose when I came here.

Louis, International Business, Barcelona

Strongbow Darkfruits.

Lucy, French and Business, France

Shijo, Soho and how friendly Geordies are in comparison to the French.

Poppy, Marketing and Management, Barcelona

Easy access to Earl Grey, chilling in Exhibition Park in the sun and having a properly poured pint and pub life in general.

Liam, Modern Languages, Barcelona

Nice pubs, nice beers, Geordie accents, my bike and a sense of purpose.

Georgie, English Linguistics and Media and Communications, Hong Kong

I think the thing I miss most is how cheap everything is, especially cheese. I also miss £2 Tuesdays and how friendly the people are and how they don't spit/cough in the street/your face and toilets that don't have shit on the seats.

Ella, Marketing and Management, Barcelona

A sense of purpose. 1000 per cent feel sorry for us, we're on a year long holiday but it's not about that. I also miss the electric environment of the Robbo, Blanc's pints and English fucking supermarkets.

Get breaking Newcastle news straight to your WhatsApp by clicking here. If you have any tips, message us on +44 7715 750931.