All of the best ways to cure your hangover in Newcastle

Get out of bed and go into the Toon

| UPDATED Hide Images

Being a Newcastle Student involves a lot of heavy drinking, which means a lot of hangovers. As a fresher, I am expected to 'handle the sesh' apparently, but that is far from the truth. And after drowning myself in k2's from Digi on a Monday night, I much prefer hibernating in my duvet all day on with a good selection of shitty Netflix series to binge from, but why write my day off when I can cure my hangover in the Toon? Here's a few of the best ways to cure your hangover in our beautiful city, Newcastle.

1. Get yourself a banging full English Breakfast at Longhorn's

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMJ6OKBj4pq

Nothing says hangover cure like a plate stacked with black pudding, bacon, sausage and egg – especially when it's from Longhorns Barbecue Smokehouse. Maybe even treat yourself to one of their sharing boards… However it is located near the best worst trebs bar in Newcastle: Soho, so if you don't want to be reminded of that trebles deal you almost died from the night before, maybe just settle for Spoons. Or just grab a brunch at one of Jesmond's many fine cafes…

Arlo mmmmm

2. Hair of the dog!

Head down to Newcastle's own SU, The Five Swans or Osborne Road for a cheap pint of Guinness Dark Fruits to wash your away that hangover with more alcohol! Yes, this only works for some and could go either one way or the other… so let's hope it was a good idea.

3. Zaza Bazaar

Can't decide what grub to feed your hangover with? The all-you-can-eat buffet, Zaza Bazaar, has literally everything from sushi to good old fish and chips. Fill your boots in the biggest restaurant in the UK with food from all across the world: lasagne, curry, pizza, burgers – practically anything you can think of! But make sure to leave room for dessert, the massive selection of cakes, sweet and ice cream will leave you in a food coma for days.

4. The Dog and Scone

What better way to cure a hangover than some good old puppy love. At The Dog and Scone you can meet fluffy friends Momo, Lucky and Yucki for cuddles and coffee. Sometimes all we need is some company from a friendly companion, so this is the perfect spot for a relaxing time with man's best friend.

5.  CatPawChino Cat cafe

Not a dog person? 'CatPawChino' or 'Mog on the Tyne' are two cat cafe's that were made for cuddles. Chilling with these cool cats will make your hangover 100% more bearable. Animals will always be the cure.

6. The Great British Cupcakery

Thinking a sugary treat is what will cure your hangover? These monster shakes will tickle your taste buds and settle your stomach. Topped up with mountains of cream, cakes and other wonderful things, the shakes here will rock your world.

7. The Gym

Okay, so maybe this isn't one for everyone, but sweating out all of that vodka and 'blue' drink from Bijoux on a treadmill could be the best cure for you! Cardio all the way! Get to Pure Gym by Eldon Garden, Pinetree or our own gym at Newcastle University.

8. The Quayside

Beaut.

Enjoy a fresh walk down Newcastle's most famous location – The Quayside. Here you can sight see from the River Tyne, walk along Newcastle's many bridges or even have a look in the contemporary art museum, The Baltic. You can even relax on a man-made beach in the  summer. Nothing says relax like a peaceful walk with a beautiful view.

9. Quilliam Brothers' Teahouse

Definitely recommend the banana and chocolate cake…yum.

Hungover but in serious need to get some uni work done? Chill in the most comfortable cafe around, sit downstairs where you can practically lie on the floor with stacks of cushions with a cup of coffee and cake. Quilliam Bro's is located just round the corner from Newcastle University, this is the perfect place to get that seminar reading done you should've done the night before and you'll still be on time for it. The free wifi is always a bonus.