Image may contain: Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Person, People, Human

‘Double dates with your mates’ took an interesting turn this week

What a SICK night ….

With the last of the summer months being over and nights becoming long, dark and cold, we are all hopelessly looking for someone to keep the bed warm at night. The Tab Newcastle is bringing you that opportunity as we meticulously match you and your mate with the lovers of your dreams and send you off for a night of fun, flirtation and free booze. You're welcome.

This week we sent two lovely ladies to meet two handsome hopefuls for an evening date at Billabong. The night was young, the setting was romantic and the foursome were keen to find love. Apparently, it was a night the boys will always remember and the girls have already forgotten… Let's hear what happened.

Meet the boys…

Ash Diba & Jack Bould, 3rd year, Psychology and Business Management

Image may contain: Smile, Portrait, Face, Person, People, Human

How long have you guys been mates for?
Three years.

What is your type? Do you both look for the same thing in a partner?
Jack says he likes brunettes but that's only to look good to some girls he knows. Ash likes blondes with cheeks to squeeze, if you know what I mean.

What were your first impressions of the others?

Attractive, talkative and like a drink.

Would you swipe right for them?

Swipe up.

Was it easy to tell which of you fancied which? You don’t want to be liking the same person!

Hard, since me and Jack are too similar. We may have had a thumb-war underneath the table to decide.

You went to Billabong, was this a good place for a date?

My flatmate has already told me shut up ten times about how nice it was.

What drinks did you have?

G & Ts, classy lads.

Were there any awkward moments?

Not during the date, I'll feel awkward every time I have to look at the sick stain on my carpet though…

What did you like about them?

We liked that they did the tequila shots, even though they knew they couldn't hack it. They were also quite fun, we think.

Was there anything you didn’t like about them?

Maybe they weren't fun, we think.

If they were a celeb duo who would they be?

Megan McKenna and whatever girl off Geordie Shore is caught throwing up on the side of the road each week (hehe kidding).

Image may contain: Bowl, Cup, Arm, Food, Curry, Glass

At least the food was yum

Snog, marry or avoid?

Jack says snog Rose, avoid Natalie and marry me.

Ash says snog Rose, marry Natalie (so she frames me for murder when it goes downhill, like Gone Girl).

Will you see them again?

We'll have a drink with their names on it if we run into them again.

If you were to message them again, would it be for a date, a booty-call or to hang out as pals?

We'll message them a year to the day for a reunion.

Did any of you kiss?

No.

Apparently you ended up carrying the girls home?! Tell us the story

Everything was going well, although I think nobody was watching Rose carefully enough. Upon arriving back at ours, Rose tried her new seduction technique of throwing up all over my bed/stairs/entire house. Natalie hurt our fragile egos by making it obvious that we weren’t strong enough to carry her friend home. Words were exchanged between drunk daters and sober flatmates. Tensions rose, chivalry faded and heroes swooped in to drive Rose home. Crisis adverted. The end. Romantic date.

Sounds like they had a sick night..ha ha

What did the girls think? Can they even remember?

Rose Humphrey & Natalie Pattison, 4th year, Business Management

Image may contain: Bag, Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Person, People, Human

How long have you guys been mates for?

Only a year but it feels like forever.

Fit and tall but to be honest not in a position to be fussy.

We thought they were a bit keen as they were so worried about us being fifteen mins late, but they seemed nice and friendly.

Would you swipe right for them?

Maybe, but we don't give out too many right swipes.

Unfortunately, neither of us actually fancied either of them so we were just talking as a group most of the night.

Yeah it was good, nice quiet atmosphere so we could all hear each other and the food they brought us was really tasty too.

What drinks did you have?

We were drinking wine, the boys were on G&Ts so we joined them in that after.

Were there any awkward moments?

No comment.

What did you like about them?

Nice enough boys, friendly, easy to talk to.

No.

Liam Payne & Zayn Malik.

Snog, marry or avoid?

Potentially snog Jack.

Will you see them again?

Probably not.

Pals.

Did any of you kiss?

No.

Apparently you ended up absolutely mortal and had to be carried home?! Tell us the story

Loooooooool well got forced to do tequila shots and then don't really remember anything after that but apparently was a massive state and had to get my friends to come and get me. Shout out to Isaac and Niall, love you long time xox.

Well, there we have it. Unfortunately not a successful date this week, better luck next time.

If you and your mate want to have a go, please apply here. If you already have applied, just sit back, relax and stay away from the G&Ts in the meantime.