S-themed house party in Jesmond partied until 6am with cooperation from neighbours

Were you at the party tho

Here's some news to shock you to the core: a house party in Jesmond containing at least 150 people didn't get shut down. The party, held last weekend, was a 21st celebration hosted on a central West Jesmond street. It raged on until past six in the morning, with guests complying well with the 'S' themed costume directions.

Eleanor Franks, who has DJ'd at Tup Tup and Feral, made an appearance on the decks in the 'safari' room and the 'space' room featured DJs Jack Thompson and Charlie McCoy. Other areas included a 'sex' themed photo-booth.

Tup Tup and Feral DJ Eleanor Franks

A second year student, studying French, told The Tab: "The party was sick, so glad it didn't get shut down – now I need to have one to beat it".

Over the past year there has been increased tension between locals, the council and students over noise complaints and alleged student "super-parties". The hosts of the party said that they believed the success of the event was down to planned cooperation with neighbours. The residents of the street were informed of the party beforehand, and the next door neighbours were kind enough to vacate their property for the night in order to avoid noise.

It just goes to show that Jesmond house parties aren't always a community menace, provided that the right precautions are taken to avoid too much disturbance.

Whilst there were no official awards for best dressed, The Tab Newcastle has compiled a selection of creative, colourful and occasionally crass costumes:

Yeah, she's a sunglasses emoji

Satan

Ahoy

Nice backdrop

Spacey

He's a sugar daddy, apparently

Who wins: The spoon, the shark or the boy in striped pyjamas?

The secret story of Super Mario and his sexy secretary

Soldier squad

How very culturally sensitive

And the award for most creative use of yellow paper goes to…

Assuming the costume here is shit shirts…