What are the real treble deals in Newcastle?

Does the 3 for £5 deal still exist?

As students in Newcastle trebles are all we bang on about, we brag to our friends back home how we get slaughtered on three for a fiver. But is that actually true? Is there anywhere that still does three for a fiver? The Tab Newcastle has gone out and found the real treble deals in the Toon. From Soho who are constantly rising their prices (not just on the weekends) to The Basement who have stuck to its guns.

Sinners

Sinners is the place to go if you’re looking for some lethal treble deals and a place to start the night before heading to the O2 Academy or Tiger Tiger. You can get one treb for £2.95, but be warned they aren’t generous with their mixer or glass sizes, so your drink is going to 100% taste awful. But after having a lot at pre-drinks I don't think a flavourful drink to savour is what we are after. Grab yourself a few trebs (you'll only need about two or three) jump in the cage and you never know you might be crowned as a Sinner’s King or Queen.

Basement

Basement seems to be the bar that nobody talks about (probably because it's a right dive and full of idiots) and never once has anybody recommended Basement for some killer treble deals but you’ll be surprised to find out you can get three trebles for a fiver. That’s a right bargain for us treble enthusiasts but it isn’t for the lighthearted. The drinks are strong, the floor feels like glue and you can get lost quite easily but don’t be put off, it’s the treble deals we are after not their hygiene rating.

Bijoux

If you’re a fan of Geordie Shore you are in luck. If they aren’t in Tup Tup they'll be found in this great spot. You can’t go wrong with three trebles for £5.50, good music, and the chance to see some Geordie Shore drama.

Soho Rooms

Everyone knows Soho Rooms in Newcastle, but is it really any good for trebles? Soho is one of the popular options to start your night before moving on to Swingers on a Thursday or Club Trop on a Monday. It’s in a great location; the queue goes down quickly and with the choice of three floors you won’t be complaining about the lack of music choice, only the price for drinks. It’s £6.50 for two blueberry and vodka trebles and a Jagerbomb and on the weekend sometimes their prices go up even more. It isn't as cheap as Sinners but they are more generous with their mixers and glass sizes.

Mono

Located near Perdu and Tup Tup, Mono is another treble bar with some extortionate prices. You can get two trebles and a bomb for £6.50 or just one treble for £3.25, which isn't so bad if your on a £10 budget for the night but with those prices I doubt you'll be able to afford many. However, with a great location and some bangin' music you can't complain about anything but the overpriced drinks.

Empress Bar

Empress is definitely one of the hidden gems around Newcastle; they have been described as the 'Best Student Bar' in Newcastle and they are open all 7 nights of the week (not that you would want to be there 7 nights a week). It also has some awesome quirks such as the Gas Chamber, an Oreo Peanutini (sound's disgusting) and Smirnoff trebles are £6.50. But is that really a deal for students?

Photo Credits: I AM VIP – Sinners and The Empress Bar, Max Cooper Photography – Bijoux, Michael Gray Photography – Soho Rooms, Michael Trimble Photography – Mono, Chris Gray – Soho Rooms featured image