Brace yourselves and reach for those cargo pants: Akon is coming to Newcastle.

It’s time to party like its 2005

Hide Images

It’s been 12 long and Lonely years since Akon was number one and blasting through the headphones of our iPod mini 2nd generations. Feel old yet? Well that Don’t Matter.

Akon is back, for one Beautiful night at Newcastle’s O2 Academy on the 26th October. I know I speak for the many when I say how much I’ve been looking forward to this day. I think Akon himself recognises how much I’ve missed him, he’s even said Sorry, Blame it on Me. What more could you want than to party on down with our nine year old self’s icon? It’s also nice that this one hasn’t been Locked Up in those dark, So Blue days since he was top of the charts.

So come and celebrate the king of the noughties and his Sweet Escape out of the Ghetto and back into our Miss Sporty wet look lipgloss loving, kitten heel wearing hearts.

General sale tickets come out tomorrow from 9am. You can buy your tickets online from Ticketmaster here. Luckily for some, if you’re on O2, or know someone who is, you can get your priority tickets now.

I don’t know about you, but I Can’t Wait.