Every type of girl with a boyfriend on a night out

tips

lust  • 

Which one are you?

While it’s nice to believe that our relationships don’t define us, they definitely make you easy to categorise. Once you have a boyfriend you begin to fall into cliched behaviours that most of the time are pissing your mates off. If you’re reading this and you don’t think any of them are you, try asking an honest friend.

She definitely doesn’t look like she has a boyfriend

“Wait, doesn’t she have a boyfriend?” You ask your course mates innocently. This is the first time you’ve been out with her and you question whether grinding on someone like that counts as cheating. Most of her night is spent talking to guys at the bar, after all “there’s nothing wrong with being friendly” she says. You suddenly think friendly may be interchangeable with “over-friendly”, but who are you to judge?

The worst part is that she ignores your girls group all night except for when she wants to take a Snapchat video for her story. The one photo she took with your group is straight up on her Insta and her boyfriend is the first to like it.

The ultimate wing woman

She used to be the one who never failed to pull on a night out, and now she has a boyfriend she feels the need to live vicariously through you. You don’t mind this, but you just wish she’d help find guys that were your type and not her typical one night stand. Plus you keep hearing guys ask her “Are you not single?” when she tries to introduce you to them. Ultimately though this type of girl is fun, having a bestie with a boyfriend can’t stay this good for long – soon you become…

The one that ditches the squad for a quiet night in with the boyfriend

This one doesn’t even come on a night out anymore – one of the most common categories of girls with boyfriends. When she first started dating him you were given a false sense of security as she became the ultimate wing woman, and consoled you through the aftermath of a traumatising Tinder date. Now she’s three months into a relationship and the mention of a night out is greeted with replies of “being tired” and “I promised I’d watch [insert TV Show] with bae”, at five months you stop asking her cause the answer you’ll get is always the same.

The judas who ditches you for her boyfriend and his mates

The most betraying of all girls with boyfriends. It’s our final night out of the year you say but she insists she’s busy. Later you see her in a booth with her boyfriend and his flatmates, your friend who had one too many tequila shots wants to confront her but you stop her. The worse thing is that in the break up she’ll expect you all the be there for her in a heartbeat when this is the first time you’ve seen her in months.

The one that spends all night texting her boyfriend

Early on in the relationship you found it cute that she was so smitten. Now you realise she’s having to text her boyfriend cause he’s insecure when she’s on a night out. Oh look he’s just text to say he’s meeting her in town, such relationship goals there.

The one who only came out cause she knew her boyfriend was

She hasn’t come out in ages so you were psyched when she said she would. When she ends up snogging her boyfriend in the booth you’d left to go on the dancefloor, her insistence on going to that club makes a lot of sense. They’ll leave around midnight together and you’ll get a text where she says she lost you – calling BS on that excuse.

The one with the almost boyfriend

The center of the gossip as pres and in the smoking area.

The Ross

Contrary to popular belief ‘The Ross’ can manifest itself in girlfriends as well as boyfriends. The ‘we were on a break’ girlfriend is likely to enjoy her night out a little too much after another fall out with her on and off again boyfriend. “I can get with who I want, I’m not seeing him at the moment” she’ll tell you. Let’s hope tomorrow’s argument over tonight’s antics takes place in his flat not yours cause. Your walls are thin and the hangover is only going to make their screaming worse.

The one who ‘has a boyfriend’

Every girl does this. Creepy guy chats you up at the bar and you tell them you have a boyfriend cause its an easy get out for the “Lad Lad Lad” offering to buy you a drink (he’s actually just gonna give you his free Jagerbomb, classy). If you hear this boys, 75 per cent of the time its not true.

@meg_emma_long