Newcastle is finally getting a dog cafe

It’s called Dog and Scone

I feel I’m not alone when I walk down by Quayside, past CatPawCino and Mog on the Tyne and feel that there is some injustice in the world. But finally dog lovers, our time has arrived. Our prayers have been answered and finally, there is going to be a dog café in Newcastle – adequately named Dog and Scone.

I, for one, cannot wait for there to be a dog café. We will finally have a place where we can stroke a dog, without having the anxiety of going up to strangers on the street and asking to stroke theirs. I don’t know about you, but my dog is geniuingly the thing I miss most about home. Luckily the ‘lonelydogsofjesmond’ Instagram has so far fulfilled my dog cravings whilst at uni, but now we have the real thing!

Luckily for us, the café is going to have six lovely doggos: Momo the toy poodle, Bichon fries Lucky, Yorkshire terrier Yuki, toy poodle Morning, Welsh corgi Coffee and Laughing the pug in Dog and Scone, which is presumably a play on Dog and Bone, with the reliance that people are pronouncing scone: sc-oh-ne (aka the posh way).

It is going to be next to Newcastle’s first cat café, Mog on the Tyne, and will be owned by dog lovers Shi Shi and Rainbow Noi who own the dogs who are going to occupy the café, and who have been waiting roughly a year for the right place in the city centre for their needs, and as soon as it became available they jumped at the chance.

A thing of the past…

The entry fee is £5 which will go towards vet bills, food, grooming and toys. Customers will be able to pet the dogs who will be brought in from their owners home everyday, whilst also being able to buy drinks and treats within the café. According to their website the café will have a forest themed design ‘aimed to create exactly the environment you need to relax’.

Shi Shi spoke to the Chronical and said: “We are very excited to be opening up, and hopefully we’ll be able to have first customers at the end of May…Since I visited a dog cafe in Korea, opening one of my own has been my dream.”

Rainbow also spoke to the Chronical and said: “It has taken a long time to find somewhere suitable and where the landlord would allow us to have dogs on the premises, so this was an opportunity we couldn’t miss.”

I don’t know about you, but this has made my exam season a lot better.