Meet the Newcastle students raising money by caking BNOCs in the face

It’s to raise money for orphans in Indonesia

After the success of their hipster garage sale in aid of an Indonesian children’s shelter at the end of last year, these Newcastle students are now bringing a stronger game by setting up an interactive digital campaign: Caked by the Nation. They are asking the public to donate & nominate a name to get caked in the face, for a good cause.

Just like last time, this is all to raise money to help vulnerable children & orphans living in Indonesia. All you have to do is go to the webpage, Caked by The Nation, donate a pound, and nominate a name. Each week, the top 2 most voted names will get thrown a cake at. 

On her birthday, Saffron Kershaw-Mee volunteered to get caked in the face in one of Clr19bakes’ pop-up ‘Cake Me for a Pound’ sessions in front of the student union.

You can find out more information about it on their Facebook page on when they are doing it again.

On the final day of Caked by the Nation, there will be a closing beach cake fight party in Tynemouth Beach.

So what are you waiting for? If you’ve been meaning to cake your best mate or your worst frenemy (just for fun!) and give back to the society, visit their site Caked by the Nation and donate . 

Don’t forget to share it on Social Media with the hashtag #CakeTo, so the whole of social media will know which loser will have cake smothered all over their face.

For details about campaign visit HERE, like them on Facebook and watch their video below