Two third-years hosted a Jesmond dinner party with unlimited free gin

They even had their own Snapchat filter

Two Newcastle third-years hosted a fairly unique dinner party on Sunday night, as guests were treated to an evening of bottomless gin drinking.

Sponsored by the London-based gin brand Sipsmith, student brand ambassadors Eleanor Allingham and Livi Hosking hosted this exclusive event with unlimited free gin all night.

Livi said: “Eleanor and I are the Newcastle brand ambassadors and our mission is to bring Sipsmith to Newcastle, so all the gin was supplied to us by Sipsmith.” She adds: “We hosted it in the West Jesmond Aga mansion, sourced a tree and got creative with gin inspired food.”

The evening also included a lavish homemade meal cooked from scratch by both Eleanor and Livi – the main was juniper-roasted pheasant with all the trimmings, with sloe gin sorbet, chocolate orange Christmas brownies, and gin mince pies for dessert.

With only 14 guests approved on the guest list, the Toon’s most elite gin lovers were in for an unforgettable party. Third-year Frankie said that it “converted a gin hater to a gin lover.”

Fellow attendee Amy said that it had been “a fab evening filled with food, fun games and of course… gin.”

Sipsmith have recently coined the term “ginaissance” to signify the rise of gin and its popularity during the winter months. This was very much the inspiration behind the Christmas-themed dinner party.

Livi also added that the unusually warmer gin drinks were well received.

“The hot gin serves were a huge hit with everything. It was a great evening sharing the gin love and getting creative with serves.”

The party was certainly not one to be missed, as third-year student Josie Behl summed up: “It was the perfect way to cure the winter blues, the hot gin melted away my assignment woes.”