Christian Union are putting on a candlelit carol service tomorrow night

With free mince pies and 1000s of candles

Newcastle University’s Christian Union are holding their annual Candlelit Carol Service at Jesmond Parish Church on Friday December 9th for any students looking to get into the festive spirit.

There will be two hour-long services at 6.30 and 8.30 with free entry, as well as mince pies and spiced punch afterwards. The event is ideal for any cash-strapped students looking to celebrate Christmas and it looks to be a really special evening, with a path of lanterns leading from the Phillip Robinson Library all the way to the church, next to Jesmond Metro, and around 1000 candles lighting it inside.

Organiser Hamish Graham of the Christian Union Society told the Tab, “we hope that, just as in past years, many students from Newcastle will be able to come along to sing some great carols in a candlelit church and also hear a talk on the meaning of Christmas.

“Free entry includes free mince pies and spiced punch. The church can hold around 700 and last year it filled quickly, so make sure you come early! Our hope is that everyone will feel welcome and enjoy the evening.”