Newcastle Rowers bare all for their 2017 naked calendar

Cheeky

Newcastle rowers have stripped off their lycra and posed in front of the cameras again for their 2017 calendar which is on sale now. The Boat Club sold out of their 2016 calendars which was supporting the charity Headway. But this year the sales will support the Brocklehurst Neurosurgical Fund.

Boat Club president Barnaby Stroud told The Tab: “It’s been great to do the calendar again, this year’s one is looking really good and we’re excited to see how it goes down. It’s always fun to shoot and it’s good to be able to raise money for charity and the club. The shots this year are our best yet.”

Calendars are £10 and can be purchased here.

Here’s some promotional shots.

The North East based charity helps to provide training and equipment for Neurosurgical doctors and nurses both in the area and neighbouring counties. The trust does fantastic work by helping with the purchasing and development of Neurosurgical equipment and practices. The trust has also been keenly involved with one of NUBC’s own athletes, providing invaluable support, guidance and funding.

Photos were taken earlier this term ready for publication last week.

NUBC are a reputable rowing club, winning Boat Race of the North in 2016 and 2015 against Durham Boat Club. The 1500m race course started at the Redheugh Bridge and finished near crowds at the Millennium Bridge.

Other university Boat Clubs around the country take photos for a naked calendar. Warwick University Boat Club published their 2017 naked calendar at the start of November which grabbed the attention of the Huffington Post.

NUBC teamed up with professional photographers at Tufnell Photography to produce the calendars. The NUBC website said: “For £10 you’ll get 12 glossy A4 images of top-of-the-range nudity, accompanied by practical A4 calendar pages. Any enquiries, please email [email protected] (yes, we know it’s 2016).”

Calendars can be purchased here.