Bar Blanc and The Tab are putting on a charity music event on Monday

Be there or be square

The Tab Newcastle and Bar Blanc are teaming up again to bring you the Acoustic Happy Hour session on Monday 17th October.

This year the event will raise money for MIND, a charity providing help and support for those mental health problems. This comes after The Tab’s investigation into the institutions failing their students when it comes to mental health. Shockingly, Newcastle ranked second last.

Last year, events in November ’15 and March ’16 managed to raise over £600 for the Teenage Cancer Trust, but organisers want to raise even more this year.

Bar Blanc hold acoustic nights every two weeks but for this charity edition there will also be a raffle and a “guess the amount of condoms in a bowl”.

MIND’s mission statement is: “We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect” and organisers want to support this by raising money. It is estimated that 1 in 6 people each week suffer with a serious mental health issue.

The line up includes:

James Wood

Molly Mackay

Pete Reily

As well as music from:

George Jeavons-Fellows

Olly Clink

Sam Wildsmith

Louis Roberts

For more information click attending on the Facebook event and read more about MIND here.