Newcastle’s BNOC 2016: The Winner

The results are in

Sophie Ahmed, who is known for her editing role at The Courier, has won Newcastle’s BNOC of the Year 2016.

The second year from Blackburn managed to get 16 votes higher than second place to secure her position as BNOC of the Year.

Sophie, who studies English Lit, told The Tab: “People have told me that I’m a BNOC since first year so I’m used to it now but getting The Tab’s approval makes it official, it means a lot. Now I can stop trying hard to make Facebook friends on nights out because the requests will probably come flooding in.

“Pretentious jokes aside, I’d like to thank my best mate Vic for the nomination and my flatmates for getting second year Marine Biology to back me. Most of all, I couldn’t have done it without my two crazy dancing legs because without them I wouldn’t be who I am today.”

Sophie, who edits The Courier’s Music section, said: “I’ve always been a bit sly so winning as the wildcard underdog is fitting, but shoutout to all the other nominees, I’ve met a few of you and you’re cool!”

Katy O’Neil, who was voted Newcastle’s Fittest Fresher 2015, came second with 417 votes. She told The Tab: “A gold medal would have clashed with my silver hair anyway.”

Here are the full list of results.

[infogram id=”d9760ed9-54de-4c51-9fb3-7d118b4882a3″]