THE FINAL: Newcastle’s BNOC of the Year

You know all of these people

It’s here: Newcastle’s BNOC of the Year final 2016.

You have 48 hours to vote for the the BIGGEST name on campus.

They need their egos boosting, so don’t waste a moment voting.

Kate Marsh

Stats: Group 2, second place, 619 votes

Studies: Law, second year

From: Liverpool (duhh)

Reason for being a big name: Tesco’s finest

If you’ve shopped in Jesmond Tesco you’ll recognise this beaming smile. If you’re the lucky one to be served by her you’ll probably end up having a lengthy chat with her. This chilled out former-Ricky-Roader spends most of her time in the Robbo, or Osborne Road.

Temi Olugenga

Stats: Group 1, winner, 487 votes

Studies: Psychology, first year

From: Leicester

Reason for being a big name: Founder of clothing label ‘Virtus’/ DJ

“Part time DJ full time legend, it took Temi only 4 months to get his own night at Cosmic Ballroom. Temi is the coolest guy in Newcastle with a high top haircut. Known by many for his entrepreneurial skills leading to his urban clothing company ‘Virtus’ and by many others for his DJ skills, Temi is a undoubtably a big name on campus.”

Maeve Hanna

Stats: Group 3, second, 592 votes

Studies: Law, third year

From: Belfast

Reason for being a big name: Freshers’ Week 2016 Organiser

Everyone loves her and literally can’t walk through Jesmond with her cause takes like 2 hours. She’s known for her massive boobs which are 100% real. She also bagged herself a boyfriend at the RAG Take me out show. Every light was left on for her and her pitch was her infamous balloon modelling.

Harpreet Chaggar

Stats: Group 2, winner, 620 votes

Studies: Medicine, second year

From: Leeds

Reason for being a big name: Medsoc President

“He can’t walk through campus without saying hello to about 1000 people. Liked and known by all years. He spends majority of time in library, not working but going around talking to everyone. He’s also got very little hair. His followers are known as C-men.”

Sophie Ahmed

Stats: Wild Card, winner, 1791 votes

Studies: English Lit, second year

From: Blackburn

Reason for being a big name: The Courier Music Editor

Works for the Independent, she’s a promoter for Soul Jam, has crazy legs, and is the new Music Editor for (cough) The Courier (cough). Renowned for her legendary 300 second snapchat stories and her involvement in Newcastle Student Radio.

She once managed to pull dressed as dead Edgar Allan Poe on Halloween (she had a moustache on).

James Stringer

Stats: Group 3, winner, 762 votes

Studies: Economics, third year

From: Surrey

Reason for being a big name: Charmer/ Socialite

James Stringer has got the looks, the charm, it just works. With his ‘good boy’ persona he captivates the young women of Newcastle. Needless to say this is an act. He is a ladies man. A charmer. Freestyle dance champ 2k16. A raver. A misbehaver.

Emma McCormick

Stats: Group 1, second place, 301 votes

Studies: History and Politics, first year

From: Belfast

Reason for being a big name: Setting up a GoFundMe page to pay off her overdraft

This fresher shot to fame when she tried to pay off her overdraft with a GoFundMe page andraised over £500. We covered the story, it was printed in The Sun and featured in The Independent and Mail Online.

Her favourite night varies but at the moment she enjoys Digital and World HQ. She told The Tab: “Being northern Irish doing something for the banter is always a valid reason, jokes on them though cause I got a tenner out of setting it up.”

Katy O’Neil

Stats: Wild Card, second, 587 votes

Studies: History and Modern Languages, first year

From: Newcastle

Reason for being a big name: Fittest Fresher

Katy won The Tab’s Fittest Fresher at the start of this academic year. Over 13,000 votes were cast throughout the competition. The History & Modern Languages fresher, from Newcastle, received over 1,500 votes in the final, which was around 40 per cent of the total votes.

Vote for Newcastle’s BNOC of the Year.