Christian Union is giving out FREE food at events today and tomorrow

C U there

Christian Union will be giving out free lunches, popcorn and toasties today and tomorrow as part of events that they have planned for students to raise awareness of their religious identities.

One event, called ‘Who Am I?’ on Thursday, will give students an opportunity to question who and what their identity is based on.

They’ll be putting on a free lunch in the history room in the SU, between 12-1 and again from 1-2. Alongside there’ll be a short talk titled ‘Friends, Followers and Favourites: What defines who I really am?’ and questions afterwards will be encouraged and welcomed.

On top of this, in the evening there will be a quiz night in St Luke’s Church (behind the sports centre) where you can get a free meal, enjoy the quiz and listen to a talk ‘Can I be loved as I really am?’. The event is from 7-9.30pm.

As if they hadn’t already given us enough they’re giving a free bag of popcorn if you ‘pop’ them a question in the forum.

On Wednesday text-a-toastie makes its return (we can always rely on the Chrstian Union for a bit of melted cheese). The union will be taking texts from 5.30pm until 8pm. Anyone that lives in Jesmond or West Desmond will be able to grab themselves a toastie.

Happy eating everyone. Praise the Lord for the CU.