Two third years are organising a charity music festival

It’s raising money for Teenage Cancer Trust

Two Geography third years are organising a music festival in Newcastle to raise money for Teenage Cancer Trust.

The festival is being held to raise money and awareness for the charity with all profits made from the event being given straight to the charity.

The event was held last year and following its success, organisers Immy Ewbank and Jonny Docherty have decided to run the festival annually.

Immy said: “The music festival is a fantastic showcase of local talent, with the venue being the Customs House in South Shields on the 22nd of April and tickets are only £10!”

“We’ve got music to suit all tastes plus some prize competitions.”

‘The Waiters’ will be headlining the event. The band were crowned the Pride of South Tyneside Young Performers in 2013 and Metro Radio’s Big Audition winners in 2014, where they performed alongside Ed Sheeran. They’ve been growing rapidly ever since, having recently played a sold out concert at the O2 Academy in Newcastle.

Tickets are £10, and include free Metro travel to the event.

The festival last year

Immy and Jonny have also strived to showcase the diverse talent of the North, featuring many Northern support acts within the festival.

This includes Abi Garrido, who made it to the judge’s houses on last year’s X Factor and Kerrianne Covell, another X Factor competitor who also made it to the judge’s houses following her success at Metro Radio Arena’s Big Audition. Three-piece girl band NE Girls who have made it to the final stages of Open Mic at Birmingham’s NEC will also be performing,  along with Sound Waves at Newcastle’s O2 Academy. BBC Radio Newcastle’s Sue Sweeney will also be hosting.

The Geographers have worked tirelessly to make sure that it will be even more amazing than the year before.

Immy said: “We have been working together on this project since September. I really have gained a fantastic insight into festival planning and the importance of community involvement, particularly with Teenage Cancer Trusts’ amazing ward at the RVI.”

“So if this sounds up your street, get some of your friends together for a fun evening! It’s only £10 and would make our efforts and TCTs tireless work so worthwhile.”

With a variety of outstanding talent on offer, as well as free metro travel included in your theatre ticket when travelling to and from the festival, it sounds like an event not to miss!

You can find out more about the event through their Facebook page.

You can buy them via the Box Office at the Customs House or on their website.